I have just receive my first bronze timepiece (UNITY Jules Verne) Pic inside
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I have just receive my first bronze timepiece (UNITY Jules Verne) Pic inside

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs Up I have just receive my first bronze timepiece (UNITY Jules Verne) Pic inside

Today i have received my first bronze timepieze, the UNITY Jules Verne, a limited edition (my watch is 8 of 30), and as i promised i start a new thread to show it to you and to explain my first impressions. I wont explain all in this first post, as i want to explain while i post pics of what i´m explaining and i want to do the pictures with a good cam instead of iphone. Anyway i have to say that the watch is MUCH nicer when you see in direct than in pics. The quality of the product is the quality of a big brand, i have to say that i didnt expect so the quality that this piece have. Hope i will post soon, good pics and the review that people from this forum deserve.

Attachment 978673

Last edited by sharlywan; February 19th, 2013 at 20:58.
    broct likes this.

Re: I have just receive my first bronze timepiece (UNITY Jules Verne) Pic inside

Never heard of the brand. When I saw "Jules Verne" in the title I got excited and thought there might be some Louis Moinet content. Yours looks more like a spinoff from a Romain Jerome project.

What is the movement inside? I must say I find the combination of bronze case and electric purple dial confusing, but to each his own - I think it might have worked out better if the hands and dial accents were in a complimentary bronze colour (not to mention the crown), over the polished white metal.

Enjoy,
    Last edited by CADstraps; February 19th, 2013 at 21:08.
    Influence is like the wind...

Re: I have just receive my first bronze timepiece (UNITY Jules Verne) Pic inside

It would look better with a bracelet in the same color. It would give a steampunk feel to it. But with NATO it just looks weird.
    CitizenM likes this.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Jeje i knew you was going to say that, the colour is blue (same of strap colour), but iphone gets purple because of the flash, i have try new pics with canon EOS 20d, lets see (i keep saying i dont know enough to catch the real colour of the watch, in direct its blue is amazing):

Attachment 978822

Attachment 978824

Attachment 978825

Attachment 978826

Attachment 978828

Attachment 978830

Attachment 978831

Attachment 978832

Attachment 978833

Attachment 978835

Sorry for me its imposible to do a nice lume pic jajajaja (ill learn how to do it)
    Attachment 978836

Movement is a 2824/2. hope you like it ;-D
    Last edited by sharlywan; February 20th, 2013 at 02:59.
    Machine Head likes this.

It's not the color that bothers me, it's the material itself. It just doesn't look or feel right. It just has to be a metallic bracelet with such watch, preferably in the same color as the watch case. Maybe a single color NATO strap, either only dark blue or only black would work with it, but dual color just doesn't seem right at all.

Also too bad it's being run by "standard" ETA. I was expecting it to have a steam engine inside or something...

Don't want to bash it in any way (even if it looks like i am) as i really like the case design and material used, dial is lovely and hands are nice, but the strap is a no go and considering it's such a limited edition some more unique movement could be used. That would probably jack up the price but still...
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

It's too big for me (as in it would be too big on my wrist), but, otherwise, I'm a fan. The bronze porthole feel along with the NATO gives it a very 20000 Leagues Under the Sea feel which I think is exactly the idea.

Then again, as Captain Nemo said, "I am not what you call a civilized man! I have done with society entirely, for reasons which I alone have the right of appreciating. I do not, therefore, obey its laws, and I desire you never to allude to them before me again!"

I actually find it quite attractive. But I'm not a fan of bronze in general. Hope it serves you well.

E

Sent via Tapatalk

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

I like it. I liked it when you posted the thread saying that you ordered one. I think the case is unique, I also think the look of the bronze itself is unique. I have mixed feelings about the dial, blue is a bold choice here, but I think it works. The Nato does not work for me at all. I can only think this is just a cost cutting measure to avoid paying for a decent strap. Putting this on a quality strap would do wonders (but what color?).
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Bronze colored metallic bracelet? Or maybe a shark skin leather strap. That might be interesting on a watch called Jules Verne (he wrote famous Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea) so that would sort of make sense...

The watch came with 2 natos (the other is blue and red/burgundy) and a dark blue rubber, wich will be the next change to show next pictures, the shame is that i cannot take the blue of the watch that i think is very very nice. hope i will upload more pics soon to show more. I think i will try with brown wear away leather (i dont know if "wear away" is the correct expression, i want to mean a leather that looks like an old strap).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information