I know this ID will be tough..but

Thread: I know this ID will be tough..but

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    237

    I know this ID will be tough..but

    I need some help. Saw a Concord Chronograph today, allegedly with a Zenith movement, round, white face. Chrono's were at 12, 6 and 9, with date around 3 and Concord logo as well. Does anyone know the model it could be or pricing? The numbers were silver, as was the hands. It was allegedly $4K asking, down to $2500 and probably about 3-5 years old. It is quite stunning. The white dial almost looks like it has a sheen to it, but is not MOP. Anyone?
    Last edited by Formel1; November 18th, 2009 at 04:45.

  2. #2
    Member Bleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: I know this ID will be tough..but

    Quote Originally Posted by Formel1 View Post
    I need some help. Saw a Concord Chronograph today, allegedly with a Zenith movement, round, white face. Chrono's were at 12, 6 and 9, with date around 3 and Concord logo as well. Does anyone know the model it could be or pricing? The numbers were silver, as was the hands. It was allegedly $4K asking, down to $2500 and probably about 3-5 years old. It is quite stunning. The white dial almost looks like it has a sheen to it, but is not MOP. Anyone?
    If the dials were at 3,6,9, I'd say it was an Impresario with the Zenith E Primero movement. In the configuration you described, I'm at a loss, but I am by no means an expert.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

  3. #3
    Member RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,409

    Re: I know this ID will be tough..but

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    If the dials were at 3,6,9, I'd say it was an Impresario with the Zenith E Primero movement. In the configuration you described, I'm at a loss, but I am by no means an expert.
    Yep, havent seen 12 6 9 on any recent El P's.
    Sounds like it may have been 7750 based on the sub layout and the price.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    237

    Re: I know this ID will be tough..but

    Is $2500 crazy on a used Concord, assuming it is a 7750 movement? I've bought other stuff from this guy in the past and he's pretty much spot on. Offered me a new Omega Seamaster Terra silver dial for $2100.00. The Concord was a trade in a few years ago, had it marked at 4K and cut to 3K and then he took another $500 offer b/c he wants it gone at this point and will put a 1 year warranty on it. With that being said, I figure the service would be $500 in the next few years....I can't believe I've been unable to find a pic of the watch on the internet...this is a first...

  6. #5
    Member Bleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: I know this ID will be tough..but

    Quote Originally Posted by Formel1 View Post
    Is $2500 crazy on a used Concord, assuming it is a 7750 movement? I've bought other stuff from this guy in the past and he's pretty much spot on. Offered me a new Omega Seamaster Terra silver dial for $2100.00. The Concord was a trade in a few years ago, had it marked at 4K and cut to 3K and then he took another $500 offer b/c he wants it gone at this point and will put a 1 year warranty on it. With that being said, I figure the service would be $500 in the next few years....I can't believe I've been unable to find a pic of the watch on the internet...this is a first...
    That would be a red flag for me. If I can't find evidence of its existence online, I'm weary. If the seller says it's a Zenith chrono movement, then the subdials should be at 3,6,9. 12,6,9 to me also says 7750 to me. Try contacting Concord and see if they ever made such a beast.

    I was told in a thread where I was asking for suggestions that used concords w/ the zenith movement could be had for around $1500. Never did much research into that though.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

  7. #6
    Member RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,409

    Re: I know this ID will be tough..but

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    That would be a red flag for me. If I can't find evidence of its existence online, I'm weary. If the seller says it's a Zenith chrono movement, then the subdials should be at 3,6,9. 12,6,9 to me also says 7750 to me. Try contacting Concord and see if they ever made such a beast.

    I was told in a thread where I was asking for suggestions that used concords w/ the zenith movement could be had for around $1500. Never did much research into that though.
    And keep in mind that those models from a few years ago can be found for like 80% off retail. Concord has some of the most highly discounted watches you can find (but not on the new good stuff).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •