I know where it started...the quest for a grail

Thread: I know where it started...the quest for a grail

Pen I know where it started...the quest for a grail

When I was 13 years old I fell in love for the first time. It was the most amazing watch I had ever seen...The brand was Nautica, it was built by Timex and it was super freakin cool. It had the indiglo feature which lit it up so bright you could use it as a flash light. I lusted after it for months and begged my Dad who broke down and bought it for me for Christmas. It felt amazing on my wrist and was everything to me except a let down. I loved it.

Over the following few years I purchased myself a few watches whenever I could but nothing that sang to me like the Nautica/Timex. I didn't feel that way again about a watch until I was 18 years old and it happened again. I was at a Macy's and I saw the most amazing Gucci watch, it was two tone and had the most beautiful gray textured dial I had ever seen. I had to have it. It took me about a year but I found one used on the auction site and I snatched it up. Again I was in love and my wrist felt fulfilled.

I was happy with my Gucci watch until one day looking at David Yurman jewelry with my wife at a high end jeweler and I happened upon the Omega section and look upon a watch that changed my life...The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean with the orange bezel. That same feeling came over me once again and I had to have it...and so I did. It took me about 9 months to find a good deal and get the money together but I got that PO.

This time it was different. Watches became an obsession and what would become my new hobby. My wife had been trying to get me to stop racing motorcycles so she was more than happy with me switching to collecting watches. So it began...Over the next 2 years I began to buy, sell, and trade watches like my life depended on it, lol. I have probably done about 40 transactions in the last two years and have amassed quite the collection. I have attained nearly every watch that I have fallen in love with and have become what I consider a bit of an expert on the second watch market. If I see what I think is a good deal on a cool watch I snatch it up. If I love it I keep it, if I don't I pass them on. Here are a few of the keepers..

Banned

Re: I know where it started...the quest for a grail

That's a nice group you show. The Sub is the quintessential blue dialed two tone watch. Do you still have the Nautica?

All of those photos were taken today. I will never get rid of the Nautica or the Gucci, their value is basically nonexistent so I keep them for sentimental value. I may give them to my son when he is older.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's really great to see the evolution of your collection. Thanks for posting!

Oh...and an excellent IWC. That one makes me jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    The Sub is the quintessential blue dialed two tone watch.
    you got that right.

Nicely done, good story too.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Thread Information