I lost my triangle?

Thread: I lost my triangle?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I lost my triangle?

So I am sitting down to dinner tonight and looking at the Seal and saying, something looks different???? Then I realize the little white painted triangle on the bezel at 12'o'clock is missing. All three sides, completely and perfectly gone. Anyone have any advice how to paint it back and what type of paint to use? I was thinking maybe a toothpick, but not sure what type of paint to use?

Odd that it would all come out at once like that and I am not even sure when it happened. Just know my triangle is lost
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Re: I lost my triangle?

That stinks. Buzz Kobold in the AM. As much as I'm sure you like your SEAL, you wouldn't be happy with a do it yourself quick fix.

Sorry to hear this bro.
    Call them, but I bet you've got to send it in.
    J

Current Rotation
    Patek Phillipe Nautilus
    Rolex 1680 Red Sub
    Pam 233K
    Kobold SMG-1

and a few others

Gone:
    Kobold Spirit of America

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_guy View Post
    That stinks. Buzz Kobold in the AM. As much as I'm sure you like your SEAL, you wouldn't be happy with a do it yourself quick fix.
    What he said. Get it done right or don't do it period.

My SEAL only has a painted lume dot in the middle of a black outlined triangle. Were there different bezels offered for the SEAL? I've seen pictures of bezels with missing lume dots, but with other brands of watches; and usually the watches are vintage. You might have to send the bezel in to get re-lumed.

I'd just paint it myself--maybe with some luminous paint?

Otherwise let us know how the customer service works out

That is truly a bummer! It happened to me on my now sold SD. I sent it in for repair. It was pricey at the tune of $75.00 for the repaint and $50.00 insured shipping eachway. So approximately $175.00 total back in my hands. Kobold did do a great job on the repair however.
    Cheers!

Rick,

------------------------------------------------

BREITLING - KOBOLD - OMEGA - PANERAI - ROLEX - TUDOR - and a growing hoard of INDIE watches!

Quote Originally Posted by MtnPond6 View Post
    That is truly a bummer! It happened to me on my now sold SD. I sent it in for repair. It was pricey at the tune of $75.00 for the repaint and $50.00 insured shipping eachway. So approximately $175.00 total back in my hands. Kobold did do a great job on the repair however.
    Wow, that is pricey--it only cost me half that to have Jack Alexyon PVD and repaint my Seal bezel. Of course, $100 of your cost was unnecessarily inflated shipping cost .

DJK

Same thing just happened on my LSD... Had to send it back in. They swapped out the bezel. It was still under warranty, so no cost.

I also had the blue insert on my Endurance II pop out. Had to send it back in for that too, had it replaced with a black one, which I prefer, and bought the blue one incase I ever wanted to make it original again.
    Phaedrus........

It isn't the insert, it is the white triangle that is painted. My Bezel is PVD, so the triangle was painted white. It was done by Jack at IWW. Not sure if I will attempt to paint it myself, or send it in. However, the $100 for shipping is high, so I probably won't mail it in just for the white triangle. Will wait til I need another service done most likely.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information