I love smaller watch manufacturers !!!

Thread: I love smaller watch manufacturers !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I love smaller watch manufacturers !!!

I have dealt with large mainstream watch companies and their customer service has been anywhere from good to very luke warm. Understandably, the time and type of responses vary due to the amount of customer inquiries. BUT, the mainstream watches are abundantly more expensive and one would expect better service secondary to the cost of the item.

Customer service from Stowa, Archimede, Dornbluth, and Steinhart have been fabulous. Inquires were replied within two days and many times by the owner of the company! Most excellent.

The larger companies should take a lesson from these smaller ones.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

V8

Re: I love smaller watch manufacturers !!!

Steinhart has excellent customer service.

Tissot was quick responding to a question once.

I don't know how big Tissot is but I agree with the general theme of your post.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

I heartily agree. I've had superb customer service from Kobold and Enzo, and I can say without any hesitation that I will buy watches from them in the future.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Me too, me too

Smaller companies do seem to get it right. The best CS I've ever received was from OCEAN7.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

I sent my Glashutte Original back to Swatch UK for regulating; at the same time my daughters Tissot was returned to cure a leak resulting in condensation on the inside of the crystal. The Glashutte had to be returned to Germany while the Tissot just needed a new seal.
    The Glashutte came back perfect in about 6 weeks And so we waited, and waited, (and waited, and waited and waited ... ) for the Tissot
    about 4 months IIRC.
    Give me a small company any time - still waiting for the fabric strap for the B&R since December tho'.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrat View Post
    I sent my Glashutte Original back to Swatch UK for regulating; at the same time my daughters Tissot was returned to cure a leak resulting in condensation on the inside of the crystal. The Glashutte had to be returned to Germany while the Tissot just needed a new seal.
    The Glashutte came back perfect in about 6 weeks And so we waited, and waited, (and waited, and waited and waited ... ) for the Tissot
    about 4 months IIRC.
    Give me a small company any time - still waiting for the fabric strap for the B&R since December tho'.
    I wouldn´t rate both - Tissot and GO - to be a smaller brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Muldoon View Post
    Smaller companies do seem to get it right. The best CS I've ever received was from OCEAN7.

X2. Mitch runs things right!
    ORIS Carlos Coste LE Chronograph
    Citizen 1000M Promaster "Autozilla"
    Seiko 6105-8110
    Bali Ha'i Model "C"
    Deep Blue 65 Chronograph
    Casio Frogman DW-8200BU-9AT "Gold Titan" Reissue
    Helson Sharkmaster 600

I'm completely with you buddy! I think mostly because they're trying to become a big company themselves, they tend to give their product and customer service more attention. Also, you can cut the $10 million advertising overhead cost right off the price, which ammounts to some extremely well priced peices. What I love even more is a smaller manufacturer that becomes big and keeps all of the care, service and attention from when they were small - or better put, get where you gotta go but don't forget where you came from. My only problem with the smaller companies is their lack of product/stock - I'm still waiting for Ocean 7 to get their assembly lines up and running again. If you do like the smaller companies though, SERIOUSLY, look at Louis Erard - I just snatched a watch from them and fell in love (I've been meaning to post some pics and a quick review but still haven't gotten around to it but I will soon). They have some interesting history, some amazing peices and 14 employees, I think 8 or 9 of which are watchmakers. Now if only the large companies would open their eyes and ears and learn a thing or 2 from the little guys!

It reminds me of the micro-brew trend that seems to have swept most of the northeast USA and dare I say North America. Starting something like 15 years or so ago. The diversity and choices for the consumers are fantastic. Does Budweiser and Miller still dominate the market? Sure. But there is of the world choice for the discerning consumer today that was pretty much unheard of 20 years ago.

Sorry for the digression, but I turn most my my conversations towards watches or beer anyway. I could not pass up the opportunity to combine the two in a single post.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information