I’m new and made the wrong moves
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: I’m new and made the wrong moves

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I’m new and made the wrong moves

So this is a problem if you have no self control. I got the bug in July and here I am in September with over 37 watches. As many of you know, you shouldn’t buy watches on a credit card. Here I am, 15,000 in debt and that doesn’t include what I spent in available money. I bought a Speedmaster, Nomos 39 Metro and IWC Portofino an Omega DeVille and many Mido, Tissot, Orient and a Jazzmaster. I went nuts! If any newbies read this. Don’t be me! Buy a nice watch ONLY if you have disposable income. They’re beautiful shiny objects that can hypnotize you. I love all of these watches but I did not have the disposable funds to deserve them. That puts a damper on things. You spend $4000 on a watch because you have the money and you can treat yourself. Dropping down a credit card and no plan to pay it off in a month is like buying a fake Rolex. I now have seven expensive watches that must be serviced in five years. I’ll have to decide on the Midos and Tissots’. Forget the Orients. I love the hobby but I fell hard.
    Speedmaster Moonwatch Pro, Omega Deville, Breitling Premier Chronometer, Nomos Metro, Baume & Mercier Baumatic Chronometer, Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date, Hamilton Khaki Titanium, Longines Master, Seiko Presage, Seiko Presage W/Power reserve

Re: I’m new and made the wrong moves

Wow, that's a pretty big hole. You might want to start selling some of those pieces off, even if it's at a loss. 15k in debt is no joke.
    Current: Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie || Hamilton Khaki King

37 watches in less than three months is more than a problem, especially if you don't have money to pay for them. You can at least walk back some of your debt by selling most of them--but honestly, you do need real help--unless you make major changes, you are in for a very bumpy ride. Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well I don’t want to but I have stopped. We do make a lot of money we just put a lot in our 401K. It will be paid off within a year but I just posted this in hopes some people who earn less don’t do what I did. There’s nothing wrong with so many watches, just not on credit.
    watchcrank, Joe90, Jack646 and 3 others like this.
    Speedmaster Moonwatch Pro, Omega Deville, Breitling Premier Chronometer, Nomos Metro, Baume & Mercier Baumatic Chronometer, Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date, Hamilton Khaki Titanium, Longines Master, Seiko Presage, Seiko Presage W/Power reserve

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

I recommend visiting wikihow.
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

Thumbs Up Re: I’m new and made the wrong moves

I used to love customers like you.

Haha, I'm one of those that I earn less. I feel you. These damn things are so addictive. My parents raised me and continue to drill into me to be thrifty, and that's the main thing preventing me from doing what you did. Took me years to take the plunge into >$1k, and I try to limit myself to one watch every 1-2 years. I'd imagine it's super-fun though to go on a buying spree, but don't think I could ever do that, given my upbringing and fear-based personality. My paternal side (Grandfather, Dad, me) seem to fear many things, including fear of debt.
    Last edited by rdoder; September 11th, 2018 at 19:08. Reason: Grammar

Name:  Not_sure_if_serious_small.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  74.9 KB

I've never gone that far down the rabbit hole ever. I feel so good about myself after reading this !!! I am awesome!!! I rule !! I have self control !!! I'm going to reward myself by buying another watch today !!!

Banned

Ooops that's not so good moves my friend but no regrets just try and fix it.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information