I Made a light box today.

Thread: I Made a light box today.

Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

I Made a light box today.

With naught but 12 pieces of printer paper and some white duct tape, here are the results.

Incidentally, I also found out that the bracelet from my Mako will fit my Chrono! It's awesome because I've been really wanting chrono on a bracelet lately.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

Re: I Made a light box today.

Not bad...some better lighting will go a long ways. I made one for work to take product photographs in. We're a wood products factory so I took scrap wood to build a 30" square frame, then got a roll of white paper from the crafts store for the sides for about $3. I cheaped out on the lighting (although it's probably the most expensive part) and just bought two reflective bulb holders from Lowe's and popped in a couple of bright white CFL's. I think a couple more lights would have helped, but I just adjusted some settings on my camera and touched everything up (a lot) with Photoshop to compensate.

With a little more work you can make one out of a cardboard box, spray paint and posterboard. It is more durable and easy to uae. I cut windows in the sides of a box, removed the top, and spray painted it white. Add some white posterboard in the box, cover openings with cheese cloth, and voila, cheap and easy light box.

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I Rolled paper into posts (I'm well practiced at this, I can roll a post which will support several pounds) and made a square frame from them (I didn't have a box), then taped paper over 5 of the 6 faces. I sat a 5 LED flashlight on top of the box shining down through the paper and used ambient light in the room. I took the pics with my Samsung 8MP point and shoot in auto mode with the flash off. I think the results came out good.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    I Rolled paper into posts (I'm well practiced at this, I can roll a post which will support several pounds) and made a square frame from them (I didn't have a box), then taped paper over 5 of the 6 faces. I sat a 5 LED flashlight on top of the box shining down through the paper and used ambient light in the room. I took the pics with my Samsung 8MP point and shoot in auto mode with the flash off. I think the results came out good.
    One thing that will definitely help is to shoot with your camera in manual mode. This way you can set the white balance properly against the background in your lightbox. Most point and shoots nowadays can do a custom white balance, so you might want to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    One thing that will definitely help is to shoot with your camera in manual mode. This way you can set the white balance properly against the background in your lightbox. Most point and shoots nowadays can do a custom white balance, so you might want to give it a try.
    Good Idea, I didn't think about the white balance.

Thread Information