i need WUS help

Thread: i need WUS help

Banned

i need WUS help

how does perrelet compare to oris interms of movements and finish and quality

the two watches i was looking at was oris big crown

and the perrelet peripheral

and also is this perrelet an in house movement, as much as the 8500 is and omega in house? in other words not just a modified generic movement?

thanks cheers

Banned

Re: i need WUS help

please fellow wusskateers

Hello and welcome. Oris is a brand that is often mentioned when the topic of value arises. They were once supplied movements by ETA but their current movement supplier seems to be Sellita which is arguably just as good as ETA as they were designed to be a drop-in replacement.
    Perrelet are known to create some head turning/funky designs also based on ETA movements however the brand seems to be a bit more obscure because the love/leave nature of some of their designs.
    I am the owner of an Oris BC3 just to disclose fully.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

but in terms of the quality and finish are they equal? and is the perrelet a10 an in house movement?

Regarding the Perrelet, a Google search turns up this article that you'll want to read :

Introducing The Perrelet Peripheral Double Rotor, Complete With A New In-House Movement (Live Pics, Specs, Pricing) — HODINKEE - Wristwatch News, Reviews, & Original Stories

They talk about the movement :

Speaking of which, like we mentioned above, the new A10 caliber is a completely in-house manufacture-made movement. Perrelet works with other Festina Group brands to produce the movements at the Soprod facility, but it has been designed by them, for them, from the ground up.

Sounds like a very similar relationship to Omega and their in-house movements made by ETA.

A couple of other things - I would hardly call a good ETA (or Sellita or Soprod) a "generic" movement just because it isn't any brand's in-house movement. There are people who prefer them and there are good reasons for that (cheaper, easy to service, better reliability, etc.). You might want to do some research, as the "in-house = better" is not always the point of in-house.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Banned

ofcourse, by generic i meant the common high quality swiss movement used by most watches

Banned

but in terms of the quality and finish are they equal? what would it be compared to?

Thread Information