I Need your advice...Watch related...sort of !

Thread: I Need your advice...Watch related...sort of !

I Need your advice...Watch related...sort of !

Hi guys,
    Ive been having this idea floating around my mind for a while, and I would appreciate your input..

Ive set a goal for myself, and I want to try it out just becuase Ive never done it before. I want to sell something on the internet, I was thinking watches most likely G-Shocks. My idea is to buy a small number of them 10 or 20 and sell them online.

The whole Idea is more of an excercise than a full scale plan at this point but I want to get a taste of it. See what its like to recieve and ship orders etc... That amount should give me enough experience and take long enough to sall for me to work things out and gain experience should I decide keep selling stuff online.

I know some of you guys regularly buy and sell watches here, Id like some feedback regarding shipping, taking orders or any other words of advice or caution you could offer a fellow WUS.

Ohh and Most importantly does anybody know where I can get the best price for say 10-20 g shocks...Any suggestions on a particular model that might sell well or even another brand that would sell "wholesale"

Re: I Need your advice...Watch related...sort of !

The problem you will have is that if you can get the watches at $X wholesale, so can someone else. In fact, they'll probably find them even cheaper and undercut you. I buy items in large quantities on ebay and sell them on in smaller quantities but the margins are so small as to make it hardly worth the effort.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Banned

Problem #2: any small profit you may make will get eaten up (and then some) by Paypal & eBay fees.

Two or three times a year somebody thinks this will be a good idea. They post, we warn them, and they tell us they'll come back to tell a tale of how well they're doing. To this day I haven't seen one of them come back with a success story. I admire your drive, but put your energies somewhere else because this may not be the best way to make a buck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with the posts above mine.

But it sounds like you want to do it more so for the experience of buying and selling online... correct?

One tip that was just recently posted here is watching exchange rates and fees.

Check it out here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/payp...ay-475045.html
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Guys thank you for your replies, I realize that im not the first one to come up with that idea, your comments are exactly what I need to hear, If it were such a great money maker I bet everyone would be doing it. What I was really looking to acheive with this wasn't wild profits but rather to gain experience with internet comerce. On second thought this will need more planing...

Banned

As an experience it is OK. But be aware of, that not only will you make virtually zero profit, but are also liable to cover the warranty.
    The hassle and aggro if a watch arrives damaged, or ideed is lost, will make this a negative experience.

A better way to make some money compared to that is to get a weekend job at McDonalds.

Thread Information