I need your opinion and advice!

Thread: I need your opinion and advice!

I need your opinion and advice!

I have a Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph Quartz:

But, for a while now I have been drawn to the Tissot Seastar 1000:

I like the looks of both, but I would like to have an automatic, and the Tissot is definitelly a better value. Should I sell the F1 and buy the Seastar? What would you do? Which one do you prefer? Thank you, very pleasant forum!

Re: I need your opinion and advice!

Glad you're enjoying WUS meto!
    Personally I prefer the Tissot, though maybe in the blue dial.
    Spend some time in our excellent Dive Forum (if you haven't already) and further confuse yourself with all the possibilities
    I know when I'm thinking about a new watch, I change my mind at least 10x
    In the end though, thank everyone for their thoughts and go with what moves YOU the most!
    Good luck and happy hunting!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

personally, i wouldn't buy either.

the tag is too garish, and they should have left off the numerals altogether. all they do is clutter the dial and i hate the flipped 3 & 9.

the tissot's silver dial makes the hands hard to read and i've never liked the hands on that model. but if these two are your final pics, if you can get a dark dial model, that would be the lesser of the two evils. the tissot should be cheaper too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tough call....that TAG have practically become a classic, and if my wrist were a bit larger that Tissot would be on it right now.
    Both are very different, and cover different needs...so I'd hold-on to the TAG, and save-up for the Tissot to add to my collection

BTW - Recently I had a chance to hang out in the pits a the American Le Mans, and the majority of the pit crews of all the teams were wearing variations of your TAG. It's the real deal.
    Last edited by Paul December; December 9th, 2007 at 21:33.

I love the new F1's, no flipped 9 and 3. I have an the older version like the one pictured above by meto123 and am very tempted to get the new style. The changes look great, quartz.....that is the thing holds back a little, but I will probably go with it anyway, orange or silver.

Last edited by HelloNasty1; December 10th, 2007 at 05:43.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

My personal opinion between those two would be the Tissot. TAG-Heuer quality aint what it used to be, until you get into the higher end chrono's. That being said, neither would be my first choice. There are an awful lot of options in that price range. Of course everyone's idea of makes a watch desirable is different, so bottom line is you have to go with what "speaks" to you.

Good luck deciding, Mike W.
    NAWCC Member

"All my possessions for a moment of time" - Queen Elizabeth I

Currently: Panerai, Omega, Rolex, Ball, Muhle Glashutte, Laco, Ocean7, Doxa, Bathys, and one or two others .

If you like the Tag, keep it. you may regret selling it to fund the tissot. You can ebay a seastar with alittle patience for around 325.00 then you have your quartz and the auto.

Thread Information