I was offered a trade for my Eterna Kontiki Four Hands | Should I be insulted?
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I was offered a trade for my Eterna Kontiki Four Hands | Should I be insulted?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I got into a random conversation on Watches after noticing a gentleman rocking what seemed to be a Rolex (Light Blue dial) with a day/date complication; in probably platinum.

What's concerning, is that he boasted his piece being valued at "50 RACKS"; clearing throat, $50,000!, however while he looked at my Eterna Kontiki, he asked if it had a battery to then offer me a trade for his Michael Kors watch, valued at 900.00 (Probably Retail); should I be insulted or are alarm bells going off (RED FLAGS) that I should be paying attention to? :) What are your thoughts? I'm thinking that he doesn't know the value and rarity of this Eterna that would command whatever the buyer wanted today at auction. The MK? Forget it! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

==O==

Re: I was offered a trade for my Eterna Kontiki Four Hands | Should I be insulted?

Those platinum Rolexes are just about everywhere!

You probably misheard him.

He said fifty bucks and it's a canal st special.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    So many watches, so little time...

Re: I was offered a trade for my Eterna Kontiki Four Hands | Should I be insulted?

Agreed - your watch is genuine and handsome. Odds are his watch matches his attitude...not so genuine

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd do it - Michael Kors are a solid investment.

But seriously - why should you get offended of ones ignorance? So how did you response?
    rfortson likes this.
    There is a time for everything...
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away

If it was this Michael Kors I'd trade:

Name:  MK4364-0040_1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  73.1 KB

Kidding. I wasted a few minutes of my life going to the MK website, the most expensive I could find was $495.

I wouldn't be insulted, the guy simply doesn't know anything. Or he assumes you don't.

Forgive me, but what makes your eterna so special? Not being a troll, I seriously just don't know and am intrigued.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He just isn't informed. No need for offense.

I LOVE that Kontiki and will offer you a Michael Kors plus $99 - thus doubling the other guy's offer. Seriously though, the Kontiki is a solid watch with a refreshingly unique yet tasteful look.

And as far as being insulted by that guy's offer, life's too short to spend any mental or emotional energy on that.

Short answer, no. He's not a WIS. He's more the "look at how much money I have" kind of guy. You should be offended at how much of a tool he is, but not at his ignorant offer.

I’m a bit confused too regarding the rarity of your Eterna...and the notion that it would command whatever (a buyer?) wanted at auction. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful watch, but it’s not like you’re sitting on Newman’s Daytona. You had a “random” conversation about watches and the guy offered you a trade...not sure why that would be offensive or concerning by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: misunderstood something I commented on, so this portion of post deleted.
    Last edited by Zeroedout; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:20.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information