I quit con't
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I quit con't

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I quit con't

A week or so ago, I said I was quitting the watch hobby even though I just got in. I had bought myself a Hammy Khaki Field, Longine Conquest VHP, and a Hammy Spirit of Liberty. I ended up swapping the Hammy Khaki Field for a Hammy Pan Europ, which was an amazing watch, but it just wasn't quite right. I started looking for a beater watch and ordered some cheapo Seiko 5.

Well, I hate to break it to all of you, but I saw how bad things were getting and decided to go all out instead of all in. I got rid of all of those watches. I got tired of thinking about this and that everyday, and I realized how much of my time watches were taking away from me, at no choice or control of my own. So I had to do what was best for me, and I got rid of the Conquest, Spirit of Liberty, Pan Europ, and the Seiko 5 model something.

I'll still going to hang around here and chat, because I think watches are fascinating, but I need to detach myself away from this god awful hobby. Thank you, everyone, for all of your help in assisting me in deciding which watches to buy just to return them.

Oh. I did get this:

K. Bye.
    Last edited by tototacoro; February 28th, 2018 at 00:22.

Re: I quit con't

I see you are no quitter.If you really want to quit go cold turkey.Sure you will have the shakes for a while and maybe go through withdrawal but this hobby is insidious.A mere CASIO could cause you to relapse.

That's a good watch to end it on :)

My wife says if a hobby is causing more pain than pleasure, it's probably not worth doing and I think she makes a good point! It's easy to go overboard in any hobby, hope you can find the balance that's best for you (and it may just be one, or zero watches, all good!).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I once was a collector but I found the endless chase and decisions of what watches to buy next trying to make sure they all hit a certain criteria be it size, price, features, material ect to be a chore not only that but then I hated having several and having to choose daily what to wear and then neglecting some whilst not being worn.

At the minute I’m a one watch guy and I love it. I still find myself researching other watches and enjoying threads with pictures but I don’t think I’ll ever go back to collections. 3 watch max is the number in my head where I can comfortably say I’m content with
    All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you...

Last summer I purchased the "last watch I was ever going to buy".

Since then I sold 3 and bought 2. Because my collection has shrunk, I figure that I can still get away with saying that I've been true to my word.
    Gary123 likes this.

BTW, nice Omega!

What's that about those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it? I'll give the OP six weeks...before there's another purchase.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Enjoy the ride.

Banned

You're in it now. That's a great watch, but it's not a collection. And you've got nothing with decent water resistance now. And no dress watch. And no beater. Great start though.
    Drucifer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tototacoro View Post
    Thank you, everyone, for all of your help in assisting me in deciding which watches to buy just to return them.
    And therein lies your problem. Why TF are you allowing complete strangers to influence your watch buying decisions? Read and learn from the forum by all means but step back from it, trawl the the watch shops and the internet and take your time. Form your own tastes and opinions and bugger everybody else’s. Buy only what floats YOUR boat and the chances are you might just hang on to it.
    G550 (retd.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information