I really regret.....
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iam7head
  • 1 Post By Derek N

Thread: I really regret.....

I really regret.....

....not taking any pictures of my AT8500 when it was pristine!

I got it from the AD and put it on immediately. Straight away I knew I had to take pictures of my new watch, but procrastination got the better of me (as it usually does) and I put it off. The thing I didn't put off was wearing the thing, because I was (and still am) in love with it.

I've never been one to baby my watches and the inevitable happened: Desk diver swirl marks on the clasp, minor scratches on the other parts of the bracelet.

Do the scratches bother me? Not really, I always believe you have to accept them if you're gonna wear the watch. The only reason I imagine I could imagine being really bothered about scratches was if I intended to sell it one day. But that'll never happen with this piece. It was a wedding gift from my in-laws.

Cheers
    Anonimo D-Date, Seiko SNKM97, Omega AT8500, Linde Werdelin 3 Timer, Sinn 104, Tudor Black Bay Midnight Blue, G-Shock X Undefeated, G-Shock X Maharishi

Re: I really regret.....

Well, I know what you feel.

On my new diver I changed the Ti bracelet for a rubber bracelet and ltteray raped the lugs while trying to get the pushpins inside :( Almost nobody sees it, but everytime I look at the watch I feel like a dumb f#ck! On the other side, al the upcoming swirs dont get any attention, and my Ti bracelet stays without scratches since I only wear that one when I use the watch as a dress diver.

I know how you feel. Scratches and swirls always show up a lot more in photos than they do in real life.
    I find that there are three stages when getting a new watch...
    1) You have a beautiful, shiny new watch on your wrist. It looks perfect and you keep checking your wrist to see that 'showroom' condition watch sat there under your sleeve
    2) The first scratch - you now have a beautiful, shiny watch on your wrist and it's perfect apart from that one darn scratch which you can't ignore
    3) Several light scratches and swirls appear over time. It is still beautiful, but it is now your watch rather than a 'showroom' watch which happens to be on your wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK, maybe it is not quite the same but if it is bothering you so much, can you go back to the AD, try on a new one, ask nicely, and take some photos?

THE: United States of America, Juhryzee shauw

Well, I think you should give it a good, light polishing,(cloth only), take some pics AND POST THEM!!!!

Inactive

If only Omega would make a seamaster in tungsten carbide. I'd sell my car and buy a watch and a bicycle...

I hate scratches, but really its the first couple that are the worst. After that, they sort of blend in and balance out the look of the watch.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Life's a journey, leave a mark.
    Raza likes this.

To the OP, just think about the flip side of things. It would be much more regretful to keep the watch inside the watchbox to admire and not enjoy wearing it. Live life with no regrets!
    s.erickson87 likes this.

Thread Information