WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I saw a Movado today that I liked. And I never liked Movados!

743 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  J.D. 
#1 ·
What has happened to me?
Ever since the Fortis purchase, my watch sickness is re-awakened. I used to be satisfied with one a year. Now it's turned into one a week.

I went to the mall. Wandered around some jewelry stores, JCPenny, and then Torn-something or other... heh heh.

That's where I found the Movado Eliro shown above. The pic does not do it justice, really. It looks much nicer on my wrist. $2095 MSRP is rich. Half off would be too. We'll see if I see one again for a good price when we're on vacation in the carribean. Again, I'm not a big Movado fan, but this one felt really nice on my wrist. The right weight, the right curve of the case, and I dig the rubber inserts on the links. There was one at a jewelry store with a rubber bracelet, but it was not as nice feeling, even at $990. The guy there took note of my Fortis, and thought it was quite striking. So did the saleslady at another store.

I did not go to the Movado store itself. Figured I'd get out of the mall with my wallet intact.

ND

See less See more
#4 ·
I thought Movado were on the right track with the Series 800 line; sporty, clean, colorful, and most of all....Legible! Cons: quartz-only, integrated bracelet, and of course....overpriced! Don't see a Movado in my future unless something in their line changes drastically. From the looks of things however, I doubt they will miss my business!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.