I want to buy your watch. NOT
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: I want to buy your watch. NOT

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I want to buy your watch. NOT

This has happened to me on numerous occasions. I list a watch for sale on WUS and a buyer pm's me saying they want to buy it. I respond saying great let's make it happen. Then I never hear from them again. I'll follow up once and wait. Maybe once more. Sometimes I get a response several days later saying they don't want it anymore, sometimes I never hear back. Weird.

Re: I want to buy your watch. NOT

I haven't sold any watches here, but have on other forums. Same thing happens to me all the time. I don't understand it. If you change your mind at least have the decency to say so. But to ghost after saying "I'll take it" is just weird.

I had someone offer me £50 for my Breitling Superocean Colt which needed servicing. I thought - tempting, but NO!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I've gotten used to requests to ship internationally, super low-ball offers, negotiations, asking about trades, etc. That's all fine.
    I don't know though, when I pm a seller and say I want to buy, it's pretty much a done deal. Maybe some people just like to get your hopes up lol
    jsohal and CA805JV like this.

It wasn't a watch, but one time I had a guy wanting to buy an item locally. He came over to my home looked at the item and said he'd take it. He asked if cash was OK (well I suppose I could accept cash. I was really hoping for a personal cheque though) and asked if there was an ATM near by. He left for the ATM and I never saw him again... weird... why bother?
    Fergfour, MarkieB, jsohal and 4 others like this.

Yes it's happened to me many times whether it's a watch on the watch forums or camera gear on the camera forums. l don't get my hopes up until the $$ is in my Paypal account.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsa2k View Post
    I haven't sold any watches here, but have on other forums. Same thing happens to me all the time. I don't understand it. If you change your mind at least have the decency to say so. But to ghost after saying "I'll take it" is just weird.
    It's unfortunate, but I feel that's how many people communicate these days. Absence means "no" regardless if it's considered in bad etiquette. Hell, I may have bought a watch before, just because I said "yes" at one point, even though I regret it.
    Fergfour and Ted Rzad like this.

Loads of timewasters out there. I think maybe some people try an offer, and then the reality of actually having to transfer a large amount of money hits home.
    Monocrom and gav1230 like this.

I pretty much take being "ghosted" by some as a given when I sell something. I used to take it personally, but I figure that general civility in discourse is something many lack on an anonymous platform. I generally dont re-initiate contact with them.

Sadly, common courtesy is no longer common. Yes, a trite comment, but ever so true. Forums like WUS and head-fi.org (for you audio people out there) really frown on such behavior. By communicating through the forum all conversations are documented. Bad behavior can be reported to the WUS powers-that-be.
    mleok likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast