ideas for a gym watch on a rubber strap - Page 3

Thread: ideas for a gym watch on a rubber strap

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: ideas for a gym watch on a rubber strap

Quote Originally Posted by mayborne View Post
    i don't need GPS but what does the execise profiles mean? like you can store your weights program on it? if so that is cool and something i can really use. so it's polar or garmin for me..
    If you don't want GPS, I'd look at the Polar, unless you can find the Garmin 305 on sale like I was able to. While you may not use the GPS, it may still be a good tool to have in the kit bag. I happen to have both the RS800 and the 305...heads up...there has likely been an upgrade to the RS800, but I digress...

WRT the exercise profiles: different types of exercises are tracked differently by the watch in terms of caloric burn and feedback to your computer. These watches hookup to you computer and database your workouts so you can track the effectiveness of your workouts and set goals, etc. In the case of the 305 (and I believe the RS800 although I haven't tried the feature) you can upload running routes (you may or may not use this) to the Garmin community and anyone in the area can use that run route. You can compare run times and set up a competition, etc. For weight lifting, you can track your workout by time and effort levels, and program workouts requiring you reach a heartrate and maintain that heartrate for a period of time. Works well with weight lifting, or strength exercising like crossfit.

I hope this all helps. You can download the user manual for each to see what they can do for you. Good Luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Last edited by Roller.959; February 5th, 2012 at 17:31.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

My gym watch/beater:

Name:  Monster1005.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  191.4 KB

I just picked up a Motorola MOTOACTV with the watch strap. It holds 8G of music (there is a 16G as well). As well as working as a watch and timer, it has heart rate capabilities, GPS and Bluetooth. I like not having a wire connected while I listen to music and there seem to be a ton of different Bluetooth sports headsets. It's worked wel for me so far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959 View Post
    If you don't want GPS, I'd look at the Polar, unless you can find the Garmin 305 on sale like I was able to. While you may not use the GPS, it may still be a good tool to have in the kit bag. I happen to have both the RS800 and the 305...heads up...there has likely been an upgrade to the RS800, but I digress...

WRT the exercise profiles: different types of exercises are tracked differently by the watch in terms of caloric burn and feedback to your computer. These watches hookup to you computer and database your workouts so you can track the effectiveness of your workouts and set goals, etc. In the case of the 305 (and I believe the RS800 although I haven't tried the feature) you can upload running routes (you may or may not use this) to the Garmin community and anyone in the area can use that run route. You can compare run times and set up a competition, etc. For weight lifting, you can track your workout by time and effort levels, and program workouts requiring you reach a heartrate and maintain that heartrate for a period of time. Works well with weight lifting, or strength exercising like crossfit.

I hope this all helps. You can download the user manual for each to see what they can do for you. Good Luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    thanks! that was a big help!

sensibly, something like a Suunto Quest

Name:  suunto.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  41.6 KB

alternatively, a Suunto Core for your really adventurous days
    Name:  st-010.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  12.7 KB

a more expensive Tutima DI300 diver alternative (not as much as the PO!)

Name:  tt-055.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  10.5 KB

Or if you really must get something fancy on rubber, the Perrelet turbine

Name:  pr-124.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  10.9 KB

I wear my mudman at the gym, when I'm running, and when I mow the grass...those are the only times.

Quote Originally Posted by DEP21 View Post
    sensibly, something like a Suunto Quest

Name:  suunto.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  41.6 KB

alternatively, a Suunto Core for your really adventurous days
    Name:  st-010.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  12.7 KB

a more expensive Tutima DI300 diver alternative (not as much as the PO!)

Name:  tt-055.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  10.5 KB

Or if you really must get something fancy on rubber, the Perrelet turbine

Name:  pr-124.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  10.9 KB
    love the choices! definitely stuff i'm not familiar with.. what does the turbine do and how much does it go for? love that tutima as well..

Quote Originally Posted by mayborne View Post
    love the choices! definitely stuff i'm not familiar with.. what does the turbine do and how much does it go for? love that tutima as well..
    To be honest, I use a basic Polar M23 in the gym! I have used a G-Shock 2900-ER but that ruined my wrist after sliding forward on a chest press as the case was too high. Found my Sub more comfortable but that was an emergency session ;)
    The Turbine was chosen due to your mention of the Aquanaut; function-wise it's a 3-hand auto but it has Perrelet's double rotor which, when the watch winds wih the movement of your wrist, literally shows a turbine effect. There are several clips in action on You Tube and I think www.perrelet.com. Just a different, eye-catching piece. UK retail for this one is 3,900 GBP up to 4,300 GBP for the XL version.
    Last edited by DEP21; February 7th, 2012 at 22:17.

5600 G will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DEP21 View Post
    To be honest, I use a basic Polar M23 in the gym! I have used a G-Shock 2900-ER but that ruined my wrist after sliding forward on a chest press as the case was too high. Found my Sub more comfortable but that was an emergency session ;)
    The Turbine was chosen due to your mention of the Aquanaut; function-wise it's a 3-hand auto but it has Perrelet's double rotor which, when the watch winds wih the movement of your wrist, literally shows a turbine effect. There are several clips in action on You Tube and I think www.perrelet.com. Just a different, eye-catching piece. UK retail for this one is 3,900 GBP up to 4,300 GBP for the XL version.
    that is a cool watch!

the expensive watches to the gym was just me trying to exercise a little creativity but i wouldn't wear a high dollar one either unless it was my only one. i think my boss wears the aquanaut coz it's his only current watch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information