Ideas on how to best spend $1500...looking for a gem
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ideas on how to best spend $1500...looking for a gem

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ideas on how to best spend $1500...looking for a gem

Need help. Budget is $1500ish. Looking for a brand not everyone has on their wrist. Not a diver, interested in a sporty/dressy watch that I can wear daily. Was close to pulling the trigger on a Muhle 29er big but it was not as comfortable as I was hoping for. Thanks for helping me through this.

Re: Ideas on how to best spend $1500...looking for a gem

I just got this guy, myself: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002XITUWG. I'm new to the whole "Fancy" watch thing, but this definitely looks and feels like an amazing watch. I have a couple videos of it here: Baume & Mercier 8818 Hampton Automatic - YouTube and here: Baume & Mercier 8818 Hampton - YouTube. I had never seen a skeleton in motion before, and it's hypnotic. Like having a tiny steampunk engine on your wrist.

Hmmm....Mido comes to mind.

Name:  M8425.4.13.1.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  27.0 KB
    This isn't quite as nice as the Muhle, but it's also only $450 for with an ETA 2836 movement =p

Name:  productimage-picture-xetum-subdial-automatic-black-dial-steel.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  33.6 KB

Xetum was another choice recommended to me in the past if you want something more unique in terms of branding
    Consolidation complete! Down from 17 watches to 2 grails + 3 support
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome trengle!

Stowa is a great value at twice the price. Depending on your tastes you could get a Flieger, Marine, Prodiver, or the smaller Partitio. I doubt if you'd run into them unless you're at a watch collectors get-together and even then...

Another possibility is the newly updated MKII Paradive. A tremendous dive watch, not quite the ridiculous bargain that the Stowa's are, but still a watch that punches way above its price class. And very exclusive.

Another hidden gem is Kazimon watches. If you're looking for an avante-garde watch with a solid case, the Eins is a good choice.

And if you're willing to consider up the used market, a few hours looking and researching the market forum here is a good way to learn about some cool watches which are virtually unknown outside a select circle of watch nerds, uhm, enthusiasts.

Good luck in your search, take your time, and remember that the journey should be just as much fun!
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Archer Sterling
    ArcherWatches.ca

Ooh, forgot to mention Nomos. A Sport Tangente might the ideal dressy daily wear watch.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

v76

How about this Seiko (SARC013)?

You might see the brand on a lot of wrists, but definitely not this model ...
    Last edited by v76; February 4th, 2012 at 18:28.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

It's been mentioned already in this thread, but the Nomos offerings are both a great value and fairly unique.

Consider this my +1!

MeisterSinger.

Damasko
    Radiohead

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information