Ideas wanted - up to 1500€ to spend

Thread: Ideas wanted - up to 1500€ to spend

Ideas wanted - up to 1500€ to spend

Hello All,

I joined WUS a few years ago, but haven't dropped by in a long time. I'm considering buying a watch which eventually be for my son (he'll hopefully be born in 5 weeks all being well).

When I joined WUS I bought a Bathy (quartz) and a year later a Damasko DC56, with the ideal of also passing these onto my kids. I probably would be using similar criteria to buying this next watch:

- I loved the clean design of both these watches. Simple and highly readable.
    - Size - I can't really go bigger than the Bathys. The Damasko is 40mm if I remember and the Bathys seems bigger.
    - I appreciated these are both small businesses and limited output. I really enjoyed exchanging emails with the people that make my watches
    - Both the watches are water-proof and pretty tough. In the case of Damasko very tough.
    - I would like an automatic again, but would accept quartz at a push
    - Maybe swiss or german?

Are there any other nice little shops out there making watches that the worldly wise here could bring me up to speed on?

Thanks, Seamus

v76

Re: Ideas wanted - up to 1500€ to spend

You could look at Ebel's automatics in the 1911 and E-Type lines. They use their own in-house movements, most of the 3 hand autos are available for less than 1300 or 1400 Euros. Many of them are a bit dressy, if you don't mind that (or your son doesn't ).

Plenty of other options of course, I'm presenting a slant towards high-quality in-house movements.

Ebel 1911 auto with small seconds hand.

Ebel E-type automatic

If you don't like the SS bracelets, you can get them in leather straps or rubber.
    Last edited by v76; February 24th, 2010 at 22:55.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Thread Information