I joined WUS a few years ago, but haven't dropped by in a long time. I'm considering buying a watch which eventually be for my son (he'll hopefully be born in 5 weeks all being well).
When I joined WUS I bought a Bathy (quartz) and a year later a Damasko DC56, with the ideal of also passing these onto my kids. I probably would be using similar criteria to buying this next watch:
- I loved the clean design of both these watches. Simple and highly readable.
- Size - I can't really go bigger than the Bathys. The Damasko is 40mm if I remember and the Bathys seems bigger.
- I appreciated these are both small businesses and limited output. I really enjoyed exchanging emails with the people that make my watches
- Both the watches are water-proof and pretty tough. In the case of Damasko very tough.
- I would like an automatic again, but would accept quartz at a push
- Maybe swiss or german?
Are there any other nice little shops out there making watches that the worldly wise here could bring me up to speed on?