If I had purchased my (blank) first, I wouldn't have purchased my (blank),(blank) or my...

Thread: If I had purchased my (blank) first, I wouldn't have purchased my (blank),(blank) or my...

If I had purchased my (blank) first, I wouldn't have purchased my (blank),(blank) or my...

What watch ended your quest for watch satisfaction? What watch prompted you to tell your wife/spouse/signif_other that you're done with watch purchases at least for a few years?

Current infatuations don't count - we all know that as often the case, your last purchase is your favorite.

I've purchased two in the last month and won a MKII from MWR so it's too soon for me to respond. Of those three, I think there's one that may have done it. But again, it's too soon to tell.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Re: If I had purchased my (blank) first, I wouldn't have purchased my (blank),(blank) or m

I don't know if this would ever actually happen, but just the other day I told my wife that after I get a Breitling Airwolf, I'm done with watch purchases because I would have run out of excuses even to myself to get any more watches. I guess we'll see how that works out, but at the very least, I'll be out of play money for the foreseeable future after that purchase.
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

Banned

Re: If I had purchased my (blank) first, I wouldn't have purchased my (blank),(blank) or m

Quote Originally Posted by k7lro View Post
    What watch ended your quest for watch satisfaction? What watch prompted you to tell your wife/spouse/signif_other that you're done with watch purchases at least for a few years?
    HA! Yeah, that'll happen with me. A few weeks at most - the longest I've gone between flips is 45 days. The closest to "being done" I've come is with the VC:

I flipped this Maurice Lacroix MP7108 to fund the majority of the VC because it was just a hair too big for me:

I'm no longer searching for the perfect rose gold dress watch to put on a brown strap since I have it in the VC Malte Grande Classique. If I had bought the VC first I would have never owned the ML.

I found my two ideal Omega chronographs also:

caliber 321:

caliber 861:

Both are from 1968. As much as I like the Speedmaster, I didn't like one on my wrist. I think I might never have bought the De Ville if I had the Seamaster first, but that's only a maybe.

disclaimer - these are my perfect watches as of now. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time in the future and search for NEW perfect watches.
    Last edited by ulackfocus; March 31st, 2010 at 18:35.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the pics, I really like the ML an the guilloche dial! I am in the process of ordering a GO. So that could be the end game for me. For a few months that is : )

there is really no way of knowing if I had blank blank first, I would not have aquired blank. The bottom line is that I am learning through experience. For example, when I began collecting I would never know that I have a particular affection for Omegas. Only a few months later through the progression of watches that I aquired and flipped, would I understad that
    Last edited by Aquaracer1; March 31st, 2010 at 17:26.

v76

I've decided to flip a number of watches for an Eberhard & Co. 8 Jours (handwind). Hopefully, this transaction can be completed in the next couple of weeks.

I have my perfect chrono-

And, my perfect thin dress watch -

I'm pretty happy with my collection right now, but I don't know what tomorrow holds in store for it. I'm not exactly sure how it all started, and I can't tell you how it will end, but one thing is for sure, it'll definitely be one hell of a ride
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

The only "gap" in my limited collection is a chrono. But, it's not killing me (yet) and I love the last three that I obtained. I've lived this long w/o a chrono and really don't have a use for one...but they are pretty cool watches.

We'll see if this itch has to be scratched or it rubbing one of the three on it will make it go away.

I also understand the learning process and how it impacts your buying choices. I suspect that many of us go graudate from an appearances/
    aesthetics phase to wanting aesthetics with an in-house movement as we learn and enjoy the hobby more.

Pretty cool comments and great pictures btw.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

If I had purchased my Zenith El Primero first, I wouldn't have purchased my Omega,Tag or any other chrono. Thing is, now I want more Zenith!

LouS - you're not helping me one little bit.

(Beautiful watch by the way....)
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Thread Information