I'm Back Again!
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I'm Back Again!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I'm Back Again!

Hi Everyone....it's that time of year again! i've been here three years in a row and have purchased three awesome watches for my hubby from suggestions by members here! Now I'm thinking I'd like a watch with a blue face or something different. Not a dress watch for sure. He doesn't like metal link bands and i don't want to bother changing it, so it has to be purchased as is. So far his watches are:

Luminox
    Stowa (black face)
    Damasko (white face) - he loves this one!!!
    Baume & Mercier (dress watch, gold)
    And a junky Casio

Do you think it would be too much the same to get him a blue faced Damasko? I saw one I like....WatchMann.com Military Watches and Pilot Watches: Damasko DA36 Automatic Watch I'm just not sure if it's too much the same as the one he ones which is this one....WatchMann.com Military Watches and Pilot Watches: Damasko DA35 Automatic Watch.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh, and it needs to be 42mm or less. He has a thin wrist so a big watch is out.

Looking forward to your suggestions! You've all been so helpful and he's loved all the watches I've bought from suggestions here. Thanks much!!!

Re: I'm Back Again!

Laco

Sinn
    Last edited by AmirAli; October 23rd, 2013 at 02:50.

What's your budget? And does he have an opinion on complications? Assuming damasko money (~$1100-1200), I'm thinking maybe a valjoux movement chronograph?
    Consolidation complete! Down from 17 watches to 2 grails + 3 support
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LosTresGatos View Post
    What's your budget? And does he have an opinion on complications? Assuming damasko money (~$1100-1200), I'm thinking maybe a valjoux movement chronograph?
    Budget is up to $1500. I tried googling what you said, but I'm thinking this is the inner workings of a watch? I'm kind of clueless as to how to find watches with this movement? Not sure what you meant about complications. I'd prefer to have none haha. I do know he doesn't like real thick watches. I love the Laco but I know he wouldn't like those huge studs. Do you think it would be a welcome gift to get that Blue face damasko or as a watch collector, do you want something completely different each time?
    overbudget likes this.

Complications are anything in addition to a 3 hand movement (HMS - hours, minutes, seconds)

Do you have a sister...???
    lmcgbaj and Baconeater like this.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    Complications are anything in addition to a 3 hand movement (HMS - hours, minutes, seconds)

Do you have a sister...???
    Um no, lol. Well, I'm open to suggestions as far as the "complications". I know his favorite watch is the Damasko, then the Stowa, then the Luminox, then the Baume & Mercier. I'm thinking something with a brown band or a watch with a colored face of some sort. But none of those neon looking ones, lol. He's a guy's guy.

Junky Casio you say? Why not get him a not so junky one.

Oceanus.

Last edited by Bulover; October 23rd, 2013 at 03:55.

Does he have any interests or hobbies? Maybe we could match a watch to one of those things.

He doesn't want a golf watch. He doesn't wear a watch when he golfs. I was looking at Hamiltons just now. Hmm... So what do you think about getting him another Damasko? He has a white faced one but I see they have a blue-faced one. Is that too similar? The Oceanus is cool with those glowing blue hands! But it's link-style band. I know for sure he doesn't like those. :(

Quote Originally Posted by LauraMacky View Post
    He doesn't want a golf watch. He doesn't wear a watch when he golfs. I was looking at Hamiltons just now. Hmm... So what do you think about getting him another Damasko? He has a white faced one but I see they have a blue-faced one. Is that too similar? The Oceanus is cool with those glowing blue hands! But it's link-style band. I know for sure he doesn't like those. :(
    Hmm, how about Christopher Ward? I know a lot of collectors like variety, he might too.

C61 Trident-Pro Automatic, Blue Bezel, Black Strap - Christopher Ward

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information