WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I'm I Crazy or Stupid purchasing this one?

4K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  THE_BARCODE_GUY 
#1 ·
Yes I found this ARSA one on Ebay
At the begin, I do not know what Brand it is? ==> So I research and found it is Auguste Raymond, which is a fair reputation swiss brand
I do not know why but that moment I feel it gorgeous and the high emotion push me to press the buy button
Now when my emotion go down I doubt my self that whether It is a bad decision or not...!
It cost me about 600 bucks, with that cost I can buy a vintage omega automatic (Which still look good)
Although this one come in 18K and a manual wind

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Belt buckle Strap Belt Wrist Buckle

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

See less See more
#3 ·
If the watch takes female spring bars than it may be of very light construction, 6 to 7 grams.
In that case you have about $190 worth of gold. So this is your hard bottom line. If you like the watch who cares.
I like gold watches and prefer buying screw back cases since they are better made and heavier.

#8 ·
I think this vintage time piece has character in the world of gold like an antique that wants an owner to appreciates it's wonders along with it's misgivings. If you take care of it and allow it to rest on one's wrist and let it softly speak to you with the joyful sound of tick, tick and/or tock and know it has rewarded you with the ageless passage of time!

Congrats!!!

#11 ·
Typical buyer remorse, paying $600 for a watch from unknown brand is a courageous act.

You should have asked before pulling the trigger.

#15 ·
What matters most is that you liked it enough to spend a fair chunk of money. I'd agree that it's a lovely piece. Looks like 1940s/50s vintage to me.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to spend a little more to get the watch in top shape. With vintage pieces a service will be essential and the dial looks water damaged so will also need some attention.

#16 ·
Nice little vintage dress watch IMH. Not plated either. I'd leave the dial alone. There's nothing wrong with it. Redials are taboo, almost never look right and a dial like that most definitely won't. That has the patina you'd expect after all these years. The price you paid? Sure it's not a well known brand today, but it's still a nice watch and the way the market is going, lesser known brands are the way to go IMH. Some are just as nice quality as some of the well known brand's vintage too. As noted above it will need a service, but should give you years of use after that.

#18 · (Edited)
Let's hear from you when you get it.

It is a handsome piece, and if it's in decent shape, it could be a very nice acquisition. Buying vintage watches on eBay can be risky though, so best to have it serviced. If you like it, and wear it, it's a good buy.

#28 ·
At the begin, I do not know what Brand it is? ==> So I research and found it is Auguste Raymond, which is a fair reputation swiss brand
I do not know why but that moment I feel it gorgeous and the high emotion push me to press the buy button
Now when my emotion go down I doubt my self that whether It is a bad decision or not...!
It cost me about 600 bucks, with that cost I can buy a vintage omega automatic (Which still look good)

View attachment 7569810
View attachment 7569826
View attachment 7569834
View attachment 7569850
I think my ORSA likes your incoming ARSA. Maybe if we should hook them up and see what transpires [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Fingers crossed that it keeps time well. I like the look of it.

#32 ·

View attachment 7569810
View attachment 7569826
View attachment 7569834
View attachment 7569850
Why would you be crazy or stupid? It's a nice vintage middle brand Swiss watch in 18k gold.

I doubt you can find a 18k Omega Constellation for $500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.