I'M NEW here -- Boschett? Benarus? or other? Want a dive watch!!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I'M NEW here -- Boschett? Benarus? or other? Want a dive watch!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I'M NEW here -- Boschett? Benarus? or other? Want a dive watch!!

I have but one watch - a Rolex Datejust from ages ago. Model still sells but I don't wear this watch and since my kids knocked it off the counter the crystal face splintered and I don't want to pay all that money just to fix it. I am a watch connoisseur of sorts that has never indulged in buying them - just looking and reading so I'm no novice in that regard. Was looking at Glycines on sale etc... but I thought I'd dig deeper and found these two brands -- and NO don't tell me Swiss Legend of Invicta not gonna happen here.

I want a new watch something bigger but not HUGE! Sport dive etc. These are the two boutique watches that appeal and a review well.
    Also my wrist is 7.5 or so inches - is 45mm just too big - would I be better in a 42mm or so?

THANKS!

Re: I'M NEW here -- Boschett? Benarus? or other? Want a dive watch!!

Have a look at Halios and Helson. You might like what you see.
    You can always earn more money, but you can't earn more time.

Quote Originally Posted by nelman View Post
    I have but one watch - a Rolex Datejust from ages ago. Model still sells but I don't wear this watch and since my kids knocked it off the counter the crystal face splintered and I don't want to pay all that money just to fix it. I am a watch connoisseur of sorts that has never indulged in buying them - just looking and reading so I'm no novice in that regard. Was looking at Glycines on sale etc... but I thought I'd dig deeper and found these two brands -- and NO don't tell me Swiss Legend of Invicta not gonna happen here.

I want a new watch something bigger but not HUGE! Sport dive etc. These are the two boutique watches that appeal and a review well.
    Also my wrist is 7.5 or so inches - is 45mm just too big - would I be better in a 42mm or so?

THANKS!
    If you don't want that DJ you could probably sell it and get a good portion of your money back. Certainly enough to afford your dive watch. Ideally you could replace the crystal, then sell it, but if there's nothing else wrong with it you could find a buyer anyway with some work.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you are looking at micro-brands, either is good. IMO they all have the same specs, it comes down to the movement and price.
    Searching for the next one....

I'll fix it eventually - Sentimental value as it was my first big watch purchase. Some of these watches just look so TALL! Anyone have any gripes with that. I was always a fan of the ORIS TT1 but even that seemed tall - but doable - are these taller (I know I could look at specs.) When I see the cave dweller it looks massive on its side.

Fix the DJ. Forget the micro-brand crap. It's way cheaper to get the crystal replaced than it is to buy even a fairly low-end new watch, anyway.
    lenny likes this.

Another micro-brand high quality diver is Steinhart - Ocean Vintage Military:

Name:  Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  39.4 KB
    borrowed pic.

At 7.5 inches your wrist can probably take up to 45mm, depending on the design of the lugs. I have a number of 44mm watches (Benarus, Magrette, and Prometheus) that are great for casual wear, but look weird with cuffed shirts. 42mm is definitely going to be more versatile. As for which one, I am partial to the micros, most have great quality and service, so really it is about looks. I would recommend looking at the WRUW in the dive watch forum to see what catches your eye.

And because every thread needs pics:
    Name:  _MG_0009.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  235.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1892.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  250.8 KB
    Name:  _MG_9738.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  220.2 KB
    Dagaz Modded Seiko SKX007 | Benarus Moray III | Magrette Moana Pacific Diver 2011 | Hexa K500 | Prometheus S80 | Seiko SNAD53

Boron ??? | | Gruen ??? | Timex ???

Greetings from Albuquerque!

I appreciate that. But even still - 1 as a watch enthusiast with only one watch that doesn't cut it. I don't have oodles of money to buy submariners and Breitlings - and want a more sporty bigger watch than a 38mm date just. So i see some well priced Glycines that interest me that hover between 1k and 2 K and was just looking at the offerings for quality craftsmanship - good style - for under 1k. (and good style is always subjective so these two appeal to me but I have not seen one in person. )
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocarbon View Post
    Fix the DJ. Forget the micro-brand crap. It's way cheaper to get the crystal replaced than it is to buy even a fairly low-end new watch, anyway.

[QUOTE=pcmxa;5840234]At 7.5 inches your wrist can probably take up to 45mm, depending on the design of the lugs. I have a number of 44mm watches (Benarus, Magrette, and Prometheus) that are great for casual wear, but look weird with cuffed shirts. 42mm is definitely going to be more versatile. As for which one, I am partial to the micros, most have great quality and service, so really it is about looks. I would recommend looking at the WRUW in the dive watch forum to see what catches your eye.

And because every thread needs pics:

WOW thanks for this!! Yeah I saw the Magrette - liked it a lot but not so much the bands - like the red in the face hate the red stitching - know that can be replaced. Have to look at promethius.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information