I'm New To This Wonderful Forum : )

Thread: I'm New To This Wonderful Forum : )

Smile I'm New To This Wonderful Forum : )

Hey everyone! I found this forum a few weeks ago and have been reading through a bunch of the threads, but never registered to post for some reason. Now I have and I am thrilled. I am so happy their is a place where I can discuss watches with people who appreciate watches, unlike most of the people I know. I am a 20 year old college student, so as you probably know, not many people around my age are watch aficionados. To tell the truth...just about a month ago I really got into watches. I have only owned 1 watch in my life and that was when I was about 8 years old. I don't know what spawned this sudden interest in watches, but whatever it was, I'm sure glad of it.

For the past three weeks or so I have been researching a watch to buy for myself. I have probably looked at over a thousand different watches on the internet. I have been looking and researching for at least 5-8 hours a day or even more. Finally, after all of these late nights at the computer I found "the" watch. It was such a hard decision. It was between a TAG Heuer Formula 1 and an Oris Modern Classic. I chose the Oris Modern Classic because I like the overall look of it better and a huge influence was the fact that it is an automatic watch. I think I am biased towards automatic watches because they seem so much more alive in my opinion, and I can sneak a peak on the gears and what not with the Oris watch. *drool*

Here is the watch that I just bought a few days ago. I probably won't get it until late next week.

http://www.topperjewelers.com/frame...._40_64_LS.html

So, what do you guys think about this being my "official" first watch for a 20 year old college student? I know that it only matters if I like the watch because I will be the one wearing it, but that would be awsome if you guys could rate it on a scale of 1-10 or just tell me what you think about it. I love hearing feedback, no matter if it is bad or good.

I look forward to spending a lot more time on here and buying a lot more watches, but this is the only watch I will probably be able to afford for the rest of my college years

edit-

Oh, and every single one of my friends that I have shown the watch to think it's ugly. They much prefer the TAG Heuer Formula 1. However, my family all think the Oris is a much better looking watch. I think I said this earlier, but what do you think? Not to mention, EVERYONE I know, including my family thinks it is a huge waste of money. Why, oh why can't they understand? I'm sure you guys understand, lol : )
    Last edited by Watchguy54; December 30th, 2006 at 11:03.

Re: I'm New To This Wonderful Forum : )

Welcome to the forum! santasmile

The people in this community are fantastic, which makes this place highly addictive. Get out, whilst you still can.

A very nice watch you've got there. :gold

10/10. That's a great looking watch! Enjoy it.

Here's a quick snap today of what I had for college 15 years ago when everyone else wanted & got a new digital Casio. This was also second hand but thereafter was my one and only watch for next 7 years. I will forever treasure it. Welcome to the forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Hi Watchguy54,

Welcome to Watchuseek and congrats with your Oris ! A very classic one, enjoy it

Thank you so much for the warm welcome guys. I appreciate it a lot. I changed my mind at the last minute with the Oris. I don't know what exactly influenced me to do this, but I am now a very proud owner of a TAG Heuer Formula 1 watch. I absolutely love it!

By the way, that sure is a beautiful watch you have Joukowski.
    Last edited by Watchguy54; January 5th, 2007 at 20:48.

Thread Information