I'm purchasing a new watch and need feedback about collectors time

Thread: I'm purchasing a new watch and need feedback about collectors time

I'm purchasing a new watch and need feedback about collectors time

Hi everybody, I am purchasing a brand new watch from this internet retailer and wanted to know if anybody have purchased a watch from them. My concerns are whether the watches they sell are really authentic and whether it is a legitimate business or not. The watch i will be purchasing retails for $4,225 and Zeetan is offering it to me for $1,800. Is this too good to be true?

Thank you!

Re: I'm purchasing a new watch and need feedback about collectors time

No personal experience, but he's been around for quite a while and seems to have very good reviews. The company is Collectors Time and they are located in Malaysia.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Thanks for answering! Anybody else knows anything about them? My biggest concern is with the authenticity of their watches

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    No personal experience, but he's been around for quite a while and seems to have very good reviews. The company is Collectors Time and they are located in Malaysia.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for answering! Anybody else knows anything about them? My biggest concern is with the authenticity of their watches
    Buy it with a credit card. The first thing you do with ANY expensive watch purchase is take it to a watchmaker you trust for authentication and to be sure it's running well (even a watch from an AD can be running badly). If it's fake, you have the watchmaker put that in writing, which you e-mail to your credit card, and you get the chargeback.

I wouldn't recommend that process for just any random seller, but this place seems to have been around for awhile, and is probably reputable. Depending on the brand, 60% off retail can be a reasonable (or even standard) discount. When was the last time anyone bought an Invicta for more than 40% of retail price?

Well, it is not an Invicta; Invicta watches inflate their retail prices and offer them at 80% discount to make you think you are getting a good deal. In this case I'm buying a Fortis watch. You can get used Fortis watches at 50% or even 60% off their retail prices, but I have never seen those discounts for a brand new Fortis.

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Buy it with a credit card. The first thing you do with ANY expensive watch purchase is take it to a watchmaker you trust for authentication and to be sure it's running well (even a watch from an AD can be running badly). If it's fake, you have the watchmaker put that in writing, which you e-mail to your credit card, and you get the chargeback.

I wouldn't recommend that process for just any random seller, but this place seems to have been around for awhile, and is probably reputable. Depending on the brand, 60% off retail can be a reasonable (or even standard) discount. When was the last time anyone bought an Invicta for more than 40% of retail price?

Inactive

Why not ask the seller to 'explain' how he can sell it for so much discount ?

and come back with the story

you need to get a dialogue going between the two of you so you buy into him before you buy into the watch

I did a search for Zeetan in the Watch Deals, Feedback & Reputation, Forum Rules & Guidelines, Watchuseek Shop and child forums and their were a ton of hits. I'd start going through those threads.

I bought a high end watch from a buddy on TZ that had come from Zeetan originally. In fact I was going to buy it from Collectors Time first but someone else beat me to it. I later found out it was a fellow forum member and told him if he ever wanted to sell to let me know. The watch is definitely genuine and came complete with box, papers, and a stamped warranty card. I would have no hesitation buying from him directly.

Banned

Zeetan is Don Tan who owns collectorstime.com.He also sells on watchnet and TZ.A valid seller and dealer for many brands and they all come with a valid warranty.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

I have bought from him and would again if he had something I wanted. The watches are legit and I was able to fully register what I bought from him. Unless he changed his policy he is Bank Wire only. Some of his prices are not that good so shop around. He seems to have many older models that may be unsold stock from local stores. As always know what you are buying, but he is legit.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thread Information