I'm a SICK PUPPY - Already BROKE my resolution to NOT BUY SO Soon (thank you Rick Denney)
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: I'm a SICK PUPPY - Already BROKE my resolution to NOT BUY SO Soon (thank you Rick Denney)

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I'm a SICK PUPPY - Already BROKE my resolution to NOT BUY SO Soon (thank you Rick Denney)

OK.....It's what, January 3rd and I've already bought something? I need counseling or a looooong break from this place or both (probably both). After seeing Rick Denney go on an on and on about the fabulous deal he got from the Movado Customer Store on the Ebel 1911 BTR 137. You know, the in-house movement, Ebel just sold to Ulyses Nardin, so it will show up in watches costing loads more, watch? While there are just two Movado Customers Stores within an hour or two, I called one to see if they had any left. They didn't. The guy chastised me for being so late to the game. So now I'm like I HAVE TO FIND ONE. I called the Orlando store and the guy said they only had 3 left. He chastised me for waiting and said that they've sold a boatload of them in the last two weeks and the last 3 won't last through tomorrow. And that would be it. When these are gone, there won't be any more. So, I came home had World War III with the partner, who thinks I've lost the last bit of sanity I ever had, but since my Birthday is Sunday, he relented and I would up ordering one. Happy Birthday to Me. Happy Birthday to Me!

So, this will arrive early Monday. I really like the red stitching on the Alligator band and on the red seconds and chrono hands. It will be a nice match with the red leather in my Mercedes (one has to think about such things, right?).

Name:  Ebel 1911 BTR.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  25.0 KBName:  Ebel 1911 BTR Movement.jpg
Views: 3214
Size:  42.8 KB

I think the movement is what clinched this for me. Oh and the price. The watch lists for nearly $6,000. I paid $1785 with full Manufacturer warranty for 3 years. I mean, how you can not buy such a cool watch for such a low price with 3 years of full warranty? At least that's what I've been telling myself since I ordered the watch a few minutes ago. Of course, I'll post real pics when I get mine. So there, Rick!!

I just couldn't pass this one up.

Rod "Rick Denney didn't get the last one of these" Brylawski
    Last edited by RBrylawski; January 4th, 2013 at 04:25.
    Citizen V, drhr, novedl and 7 others like this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Re: I'm a SICK PUPPY - Already BROKE my resolution to NOT BUY SO Soon (thank you Rick Denney)

This is highly reprehensible! Now you'll have to write 1000x "I won't buy another watch this...er...week?"
    Just kidding; nice watch and an excellent deal!
    Congrats.
    C.
    RBrylawski likes this.

Re: I'm a SICK PUPPY - Already BROKE my resolution to NOT BUY SO Soon (thank you Rick Denney)

Quote Originally Posted by CMTFR View Post
    This is highly reprehensible! Now you'll have to write 1000x "I won't buy another watch this...er...week?"
    Just kidding; nice watch and an excellent deal!
    Congrats.
    C.
    Thanks! It's beyond reprehensible. Someone on the couch next to me isn't speaking to me at the moment. I have been told I will be single single single if I utter the words I want that watch for at least 6 months. Not too bad, right? I can last 6 months without another purchase. Though I was kind of enjoying being a member of the "Watch of the Week Club!"
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice job RB - we are so proud of you for holding out!

Isn't that $6K SR or a bit enthusiastic? They are on the bay for about $700 more than you paid, so nice job.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!
    RBrylawski likes this.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

You can always say "you didn't want the watch, but the treacherous timepiece, somehow, found a way to your wrist"! Actually this line said with the rigth amount of incredibility saved the day and my wife let me kept an unpredictable purchase. But again, I'm lucky because she likes my collection and has the rigth sense of humor.
    RBrylawski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    Nice job RB - we are so proud of you for holding out!

Isn't that $6K SR or a bit enthusiastic? They are on the bay for about $700 more than you paid, so nice job.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!
    I was just quoting MSRP to make myself feel better. Yes, one can get the watch for about $700 more, but NOT with 3 years Manufacturer Warranty. So, it's a great deal. I said a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by CMTFR View Post
    You can always say "you didn't want the watch, but the treacherous timepiece, somehow, found a way to your wrist"! Actually this line said with the rigth amount of incredibility saved the day and my wife let me kept an unpredictable purchase. But again, I'm lucky because she likes my collection and has the rigth sense of humor.
    I'm not sure I can say anything at the moment that won't sound contrite or dishonest. So, I'm just not saying anything and this too will pass.

Great watch, congrats!
    RBrylawski likes this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Very nice, I can't wait to see your pics.
    RBrylawski likes this.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Wow...very nice...congrats! I'm sure you'll find a way to make it up to your partner.
    If I were you, and it turns out to be a keeper, I'd be sourcing a replacement strap sooner rather than later.
    It will be pricey but in years to come you'll be very glad you did.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast