I'm surprised that only 6-16 people view the Kobold forums.

Thread: I'm surprised that only 6-16 people view the Kobold forums.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Picture I'm surprised that only 6-16 people view the Kobold forums.

I'm a self appointed watch nut (like many of us). I check out TZ.com, WUS.com , Paneristi.com and a few other sites quite often. I am surprised that only 6-16 people max view the Kobold forums at any given time. For example the Doxa forum has 40+ right now lurking around. Ball watch 22, Omega 82+, Rolex 22 & Breitling sum 65+. I know Kobold only sells 2500 watches total per year. One would think as cool and rare as Kobolds' are there would be more interest?
    I'm on my 3rd. Kobold and each time I step up a model I'm more impressed. I just sold my two Soarway Ti Soprano's to buy a Phantom Tactical and I would do it again. This PVD baby R O C K S !! Just today (first full day in public) I've received more "cools" than when I wear my Rolex GMT II SS Ceramic. Which I do like as well. This watch screams bad a#* ! It seems that there are about 3 maybe 4 die hard Kobold aficionados on this forum. You know who you are. What gives? Are fellow Koboldians too busy ridding the would of crime? Maybe saving a life? Maybe killing a terrorist? Where are they?

ooh just noticed my 200th post! Yea! (me golf clapping)

Haven't shot any good photos of the PVD yet. Hi res to come. I do kinda miss the Soarway on the dark strap. I'm sure one will come around again some day. There are 400 or so.
    Last edited by Chronometer; November 18th, 2007 at 07:28.
    You can't buy time but you can always buy a watch.

My ever changing collection...
    • CITIZEN-Calibre 2100 Eco-Drive
    • HAMILTON-Riva Chronograph
    • MOVADO-Original Bold Museum Chronograph Blue
    • PANERAI-Luminor Sub Chrono 1000M PAM187
    • ROLEX-Deepsea Sea-Dweller
    • SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005
    • ROLEX GMT II Black/Blue
    • and way too many others in previous times.

Re: I'm surprised that only 6-16 people view the Kobold forums.

Granted, I do very little browsing in other brands, but I will say that many of the times I am in the other brand forums on here, quite a bit of the posts/activity is about customer service. More accurately; usually a lack of customer service. So maybe most Kobold owners are happy?
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Kev

I wish this forum were a bit more active. But, I'm always happy with the content of the posts. There seems to be a real depth of knowledge and we get some incredible photos. To your point, it is a smaller community by comparison, but the passion for the brand is there and we rarely encounter any trolls.

So, glad you picked up the Phantom. . . can't wait for more pics! The ones above are great!

Kev.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gotta agree with the others, small community of owners and all pretty darn happy with their Kobolds.

I visit other brands, OCEAN7, ROLEX and DOXA as well as the Seiko and Diver Watch sections.

Mostly I'm checking out the For Sale section to see what's happening there too.

Congrats on the Phantom, it is one the Kobolds best IMHO.
    USA/USN Retired
    PADI MSDT and IDC Staff Instr

Doxa 1200T NUMA TQ #7 of 50

TMW

Like Kobold - it is the quality of the posts!

There tend to be fewer "threads" here - but IMHO they are very interesting and insightful. And tend to be focused and "on-topic."

I would love to be even more active, and take lots of pics that I get many requests for, but just have to find the time. I think a quick word here and there is the most important!

I have met some good friends on the forum - and look forward to talking more.

As you can tell, I have a passion for kobolds!

Todd

i also wish it were a more active site, i enjoy reading it very much.
    i've had several Panerai, and was a daily-lurker on Paneristi, but it is evident that the majority of the regulars there, are way out of my league.
    i have down-sized to a very humble collection, and am very happy with my choices,
    after all, i do have an 1830 home to care for, and i like to travel, so something had to give.

i am exceptionally happy with my Kobold SOA, a bargain in the watch world i think.
    i have been reading the Kobold forum daily now for a few months, i'll have to post more as well.

maybe your thread will spark more interest in sharing out common interest in Kobold.

sorry for the crummy-pic, i seem to have messed up my cameras settings :(

- wishing a nice thanksgiving to All Kobold wearers !!!

- Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kobold Soarway Diver 43 w/Arctic Blue Cali Dial
    Kobold Titanium Seal on ti bracelet
    Glycine Incursore 200m Yellow Dial
    Stowa Flieger Original SE # 003
    Doxa ( Vintage 1940's Doxa Movement in a 46mm Case )
    Zenith ( Vintage 1936 Pocket Watch conversion to Wristwatch , Lugs soldered to original 46mm case )
    ~ and other more humble watches.

Bull,

That is a great collection and great job on the shots. I should get some outside shots of my watches for you guys. Between yours and Ms. Gulls, they truly do make a better picture I think.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Chronometer View Post
    I'm a self appointed watch nut (like many of us). I check out TZ.com, WUS.com , Paneristi.com and a few other sites quite often. I am surprised that only 6-16 people max view the Kobold forums at any given time. For example the Doxa forum has 40+ right now lurking around. Ball watch 22, Omega 82+, Rolex 22 & Breitling sum 65+. I know Kobold only sells 2500 watches total per year. One would think as cool and rare as Kobolds' are there would be more interest?
    I'm on my 3rd. Kobold and each time I step up a model I'm more impressed. I just sold my two Soarway Ti Soprano's to buy a Phantom Tactical and I would do it again. This PVD baby R O C K S !! Just today (first full day in public) I've received more "cools" than when I wear my Rolex GMT II SS Ceramic. Which I do like as well. This watch screams bad a#* ! It seems that there are about 3 maybe 4 die hard Kobold aficionados on this forum. You know who you are. What gives? Are fellow Koboldians too busy ridding the would of crime? Maybe saving a life? Maybe killing a terrorist? Where are they?

ooh just noticed my 200th post! Yea! (me golf clapping)

Haven't shot any good photos of the PVD yet. Hi res to come. I do kinda miss the Soarway on the dark strap. I'm sure one will come around again some day. There are 400 or so.
    I really like your collection. I don't recognize the one on the end though, what is it? I love that the OM is swimming with the big boys! In my opinion, a true sign of a WIS is appreciation of watches in any price range. I love that you have a $180 watch in a line up with several $6k+ watches. Still curious about the one on the end though.

Kev.

Looks like a Citizen Calibre 2100 Eco-drive to me

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/Engl...ber=AV0031-59A

Always have liked the look of this model...it's on my short list for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I really like your collection. I don't recognize the one on the end though, what is it? Still curious about the one on the end though.

Kev.
    It is a Citizen 2100 Stainless. I have the exact same wall clock. i found a citizen dealer that let me buy it. Pretty tough to get them to give it up. The clock that is. The watch was around $260 bucks (half retail). You can't go wrong. It's a nice watch and does not even need to be on the winder. It is a Eco Drive. The Sun does the trick. Pretty cool idea.
    You can't buy time but you can always buy a watch.

My ever changing collection...
    • CITIZEN-Calibre 2100 Eco-Drive
    • HAMILTON-Riva Chronograph
    • MOVADO-Original Bold Museum Chronograph Blue
    • PANERAI-Luminor Sub Chrono 1000M PAM187
    • ROLEX-Deepsea Sea-Dweller
    • SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005
    • ROLEX GMT II Black/Blue
    • and way too many others in previous times.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information