I'm Watch

Thread: I'm Watch

I'm Watch

Curious what people think...
    I am intrigued and I think I want one (depending on price), but I also think it will be like the millions of iPhones out there...or could this be another crisis like quartz brought?

Its an interesting situation and I am actually disappointed it took so long, I told my wife when we got the first iPhone that soon there will be watches like this...took longer than I thought.

Re: I'm Watch

This is an iPod nano competitor. IPod Nano has a watchband option. No interest. It reminds me of the Casio databank watches. In the end, it lacks the penache, beauty, mechanical skill, handwork, and durability of a watch. Talk about a depreciation magnet...todays cutting edge tech is tomorrows abacus. A watch's function however is essentially the same. The novel beauty is the way in which a watch performs that same basic function.

Thumbs down to I'm Phone and iPhone Nano on the watchband. Their existence will matter little as it does not compete with the watches most WIS'rs lust after.

Besides...can you imagine plugging earphones into your watch?
    Last edited by Roller.959; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:29.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959 View Post
    This is an iPod nano competitor. IPod Nano has a watchband option. No interest. It reminds me of the Casio databank watches. In the end, it lacks the penache, beauty, mechanical skill, handwork, and durability of a watch. Talk about a depreciation magnet...todays cutting edge tech is tomorrows abacus. A watch's function however is essentially the same. The novel beauty is the way in which a watch performs that same basic function.

Thumbs down to I'm Phone and iPhone Nano on the watchband. It will matter little as it does not compete with the watches most WIS'rs lust after.

Besides...can you imagine plugging earphones into your watch?
    i think it's obvious it wouldn't matter to WIS community. But in the general public, don't you see this replacing all those quartz out there. Not the special ones like omega etc. but the fossils and other fashion watches?

"today's cutting edge technology is tomorrows abacus" I may have to use that in a couple lectures I need to give, in no other field is that more true than in the medical one and I think that is a poignant reminder to residents/students...don't worry I will cite you

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiesutto View Post
    i think it's obvious it wouldn't matter to WIS community. But in the general public, don't you see this replacing all those quartz out there. Not the special ones like omega etc. but the fossils and other fashion watches?

"today's cutting edge technology is tomorrows abacus" I may have to use that in a couple lectures I need to give, in no other field is that more true than in the medical one and I think that is a poignant reminder to residents/students...don't worry I will cite you
    Ha! Well played. I don't think it will necessarily replace all quartz watches. I think some will pick it up, I think a few will wear it over a fashion watch. I think that there will still be a significant portion who still wear their Fossil, etc. I think it is a neat gadget, it is pretty fashionable, but like I said, the iPod nano has had this capability for at least a year, and I don't see a building frenzy. Maybe...just maybe...it will drive the return to wearing more than one watch! Back in the day, I loved having a threesome on my arm. Now quote THAT to your med students. ; )

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Thread Information