Image size
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Egsise
  • 1 Post By TwentiethCenturyFox

Thread: Image size

Image size

Sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's been asked a million times before, I have checked forum guide etc but can't find an answer.

How do I reduce the image size when trying to insert an image into a post? The ones I've done so far are far to big.

Many thanks

Leon

Re: Image size

Use image editor program on your computer or a phone.

On the iPad I use an app called Image Size to reduce my pics to more reasonable dimensions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I use tapatalk from my phone-it automatically does the formatting/re-sizing.
    Alternatively from my pc I email myself the pictures and let outlook do the resizing from the "send" dialogue, then save those images.

If I'm adding a photo to a post, I'll leave the desktop and go to my phone, where I use Tapatalk. Their app lets me choose the size for the photo. I used to use Medium, but lately I find "Small" is a sufficient size for pics.

Brilliant, thank you. I'll try tapatalk first and then the other suggestions if I can't get on with it.
    Wasn't sure if I was missing something on WUS.

Test

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VanAdian View Post
    I use tapatalk from my phone-it automatically does the formatting/re-sizing.
    Alternatively from my pc I email myself the pictures and let outlook do the resizing from the "send" dialogue, then save those images.
    +1 ... if I'm using Safari, I email the photo from my Outlook to my Outlook, and it lets you size the attachment before you hit send. The options range from "Original" to "Small." I use Medium, and it reduces a 1.5-2.0 meg picture down to manageable 100-130 kb pic. I then drag my smaller sized pics into a separate folder on my Mac so if I ever want to reuse a picture (or posting on f29), I have easy access to them. You can also send and size a large batch of pictures with a single email.

OP didn't mention orientation, which I know is also a crapshoot using a browser (Tapatalk usually gets it right). One thing I've noticed is opening your photo editor on your phone and rotating the picture 360-degrees and then saving it will almost always result in correct orientation. Same thing works on Preview if you're using a Mac ... just rotate it 360 and hit "save" and it'll show up correctly oriented.

I like this, it's very polite to resize the pictures so the pages load faster and you don't need to look really big closeups of hairy wrist from 27" screen.
    Camguy likes this.

Success you have!
    leo1790 likes this.

Thread Information