Import/customs fee for ordering outside US?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Import/customs fee for ordering outside US?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Import/customs fee for ordering outside US?

I'm thinking about getting an skx007 from dagaz/10watches or one of the ebay vendors that ships from Singapore. Do I need to be concerned with import/customs fee when it's shipped to the US?

Re: Import/customs fee for ordering outside US?

Quote Originally Posted by INeedSpeed View Post
    I'm thinking about getting an skx007 from dagaz/10watches or one of the ebay vendors that ships from Singapore. Do I need to be concerned with import/customs fee when it's shipped to the US?
    I've ordered numerous e-bay watches from Singapore, and have never been charged an import/customs fee.

I've never been taxed from shipments from Hong Kong, or Singapore. Japan is another story, I guess Hawaii is a customs hub and stuff doesn't slide through from Japan as easily as other US cities

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I ordered a watch from Japan and did not have to pay any duties. It went through customs in San Francisco

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I noticed that Jake B. puts a declared value of $75 on a watch so no customs fees incurred.

You will however get hit with an International Service Fee of 3% from your Credit or Debit card company.
    The fee does not show up on the PayPal Invoice, you will see it later on your CC or DB card statement.
    frabcobollo

Tangentially related to your concern: US Customs law allows you to receive, TAX FREE, up to either $10,000 or $17,000 - I forget - in "gifts" from outside the US.

You'd do well check the facts yourself, but my point is, I was surprised to see that it was a fairly large sum. So I doubt they would bother you about something like a watch that costs so little in the big scheme of things.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

It's ALWAYS a "crap shoot". Having said THAT, the only watches that REALLY get any consistent "scrutiny" are watches that say "Rolex" on them; whether they're actually real Rolex or "reprica". Odds are you won't have any problems; ironically, I personally have had THE most trouble getting stuff from Canada, whether it's watches or any other thing. I got a '65 GTO from Canada few years ago - Customs screwed up the paperwork, and I came to find out that there was a bench warrant out for my arrest for importing an "illegal" car; THAT was a clusterf*ck to fix, to the point that I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from Canada again - YMMV...

The Thumb of Michigan, where the roads are straight and the corners are all square.

One caveat. Have it sent via mail, EMS if you are in a hurry or concerned about security. I have had sellers use regular mail with no problems, but it takes a bit longer. FedEx is notorious for collecting fees and duties that are not due if items are mailed.
    Some of those, a few of these and a couple of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
    One caveat. Have it sent via mail, EMS if you are in a hurry or concerned about security. I have had sellers use regular mail with no problems, but it takes a bit longer. FedEx is notorious for collecting fees and duties that are not due if items are mailed.
    +1

You now heard it here twice: AVOID Fedex.
    They're Hassle Masters, probably in the service of the (bad) Illuminati.
    richnyc and Rusty427 like this.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information