Thread: impromptu watch travel case

impromptu watch travel case

It was noted in a thread that, when traveling,
    a) don't pack watches in checked baggage
    b) pretty often, you won't need to take more than 2 or 3

So I started looking for something that would work. Criteria:

--small
    --hard shell...aluminum, steel, or EVA
    --inexpensive...I'm not going to need it that often, and really, who else is ever going to see this?

So...the aluminum RFID card wallets are a potential choice. I have one that I could use, and may yet modify. Size is perfect. On mine, the accordion card holder looks to be easily removable, albeit NOT reversibly. Something like a felt lining...Hobby Lobby carries felt squares...and more felt to pad/separate between the halves. This should work.

Check on Amazon. After a while, it dawned...hey, there are cases for portable hard drives, for GPS, for point and shoot cameras. Man, SOMETHING should work.

Yep. A camera case.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

One watch per section; throw in, say, a microfiber cloth, of the kind used to clean eyeglasses, or phone/tablet screens, or cotton felt to go between them. The heck with carry-on, this will fit into a pocket. :)
    Nikoloz likes this.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Re: impromptu watch travel case

Hard shells for travel are overrated because of their bulk, IMO. I have one that fits 2 watches but I rarely use it because it takes up too much space in my computer carry-on. I now use a roll-up watch case because it takes up less space and offers perfectly adequate protection.

• overall size listed:
    • Size (LWH): 4.38 inches, 2.75 inches, 1.25 inches

Most cases built for watches...yes, they're much bigger. And a watch roll is likely fine, and particularly if it's going into a briefcase or the like. If you're using a soft carry-on, the harder case gives protection against bumps, which can always happen...and if you stash in the overhead, there's always the refrain, "bags may shift during flight."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In a pinch I've used socks and rolled them up to put in my carry on or my jacket pocket! The other thing that would work nicely is the cloth sunglasses pouch.
    rfortson and bullshark like this.

Great minds think alike! I picked up this hard drive case from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LSTD38 and glued down parts of the elastic strap on the right to fit two watches. The pocket on the left is great for a third watch or extra straps.

Name:  case1.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  75.2 KB

Since the small Oakley watch vault I bought a few years ago has gone the way of the dodo bird I have purchased a couple of these. They are a tiny bit smaller than the old Oakley but are also available in larger sizes. I don't like putting more than one watch in a container, one failed component and they might be banging against each other for no telling how long.

http://www.amazon.com/CASEBUDi-Watch...rds=watch+case

Last edited by Quartersawn; October 23rd, 2015 at 01:44.

I've been using the Casebudis too, they work great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    It was noted in a thread that, when traveling,
    a) don't pack watches in checked baggage
    b) pretty often, you won't need to take more than 2 or 3

So I started looking for something that would work. Criteria:

--small
    --hard shell...aluminum, steel, or EVA
    --inexpensive...I'm not going to need it that often, and really, who else is ever going to see this?

So...the aluminum RFID card wallets are a potential choice. I have one that I could use, and may yet modify. Size is perfect. On mine, the accordion card holder looks to be easily removable, albeit NOT reversibly. Something like a felt lining...Hobby Lobby carries felt squares...and more felt to pad/separate between the halves. This should work.

Check on Amazon. After a while, it dawned...hey, there are cases for portable hard drives, for GPS, for point and shoot cameras. Man, SOMETHING should work.

Yep. A camera case.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

One watch per section; throw in, say, a microfiber cloth, of the kind used to clean eyeglasses, or phone/tablet screens, or cotton felt to go between them. The heck with carry-on, this will fit into a pocket. :)
    approximately 13 hours ago i was looking for a traveler case for two watches (usually i do not take more than 1 with me, but this is a >1 month trip ;) ) and after searching my apartment i decided to go with camera case. It is not hard case but it should work.

Unfortunately it has no divider and i decided to use Cris ward microfiber, lol.. talking about great minds think alike lol

I thought about the CASEBUDi, but it's only 1 watch, and the name just drove me away! :) iGag...

The WD Passport Essential case...I darn near went with that, and given that it's dirt cheap, I might get one anyway.

Thread Information