Incoming RGM... Kind of
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Incoming RGM... Kind of

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Incoming RGM... Kind of

I have this bad boy incoming, should be here tomorrow! Can't wait
    Equation of Time Deck Watch Black Dial Brown Strap
    drhr, marchone, RBrylawski and 3 others like this.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

Re: Incoming RGM... Kind of

Oh man! I'm super jealous. I've been eyeing that watch for awhile on his site. Glad to see it has found a good home. Love the bezel and hands on that watch. Wear it in good health!
    MZhammer likes this.

That's my favorite deck watch dial at any price. I had it in silver but the lug width was too much for my wrist...I couldn't bring myself to sell it until someone contacted me out of the blue. It absolutely pained me to get rid of it but it deserved a better home. Kind of like a Panerai it looks great on all sorts of straps:

Attachment 978899

The original Naval Chronometer:

Attachment 978910

There's been a lot of talk about homages on WUS lately, this EOT is a great homage!
    Last edited by ljb187; February 20th, 2013 at 00:03.
    MZhammer and drhr like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    That's my favorite deck watch dial at any price. I had it in silver but the lug width was too much for my wrist...I couldn't bring myself to sell it until someone contacted me out of the blue. It absolutely pained me to get rid of it but it deserved a better home. Kind of like a Panerai it looks great on all sorts of straps:

Attachment 978899

The original Naval Chronometer:

Attachment 978910

There's been a lot of talk about homages on WUS lately, this EOT is a great homage!
    I am actually concerned about the lug width too. Do you have any wrist shots?
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators

High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

Sure. The width is less pronounced on lighter straps. My wrists are 6.75" I actually didn't mind the lug width too much on the tan ammo strap I posted, but the overall thickness of that strap wasn't entirely satisfying. I still think if I found the right combination I'd still have my EOT. I was thinking about a Ted Su nubuck when I sold it.

Vintage Swiss Ammo Pouch strap from Vintager Straps:

Attachment 978923

Dark brown strap with no stitching from Jacob Straps:

Attachment 978926
    Last edited by ljb187; February 20th, 2013 at 00:20.
    MZhammer, drhr and Ottovonn like this.

Sure. The width is less pronounced on lighter straps. My wrists are 6.75" I actually didn't mind the lug width too much on the tan ammo strap I posted, but the overall thickness of that strap wasn't entirely satisfying. I still think if I found the right combination I'd still have my EOT. I was thinking about a Ted Su nubuck when I sold it.

Vintage Swiss Ammo Pouch strap from Vintager Straps:

Attachment 978923

Dark brown strap with no stitching from Jacob Straps:

Attachment 978926
    Well my wrists are right about the size of yours. I'll post some wrist shots tomorrow, we'll see if the black face makes much difference. I was worried about the width of the strap although I do love the face... Well I have three days to return it so I have a little time to make my decision!
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

I love mine! Here it is on my 6.75" wrist:

MZhammer, ljb187, drhr and 1 others like this.

I bought mine from The Watchseller too and the strap it came with was super long...I felt the lug width causes the strap - particularly darker ones - to have a "bund" effect on your wrist. If you like that look then your set. Like you said you'll find out soon enough.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

I bought mine from The Watchseller too and the strap it came with was super long...I felt the lug width causes the strap - particularly darker ones - to have a "bund" effect on your wrist. If you like that look then your set. Like you said you'll find out soon enough.
    as an aside, if you happen to have any of those old brown straps laying around I might want to take them off your hands!
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

Quote Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

as an aside, if you happen to have any of those old brown straps laying around I might want to take them off your hands!
    I was gonna offer via PM! You don't necessarily have to end up buying them, but if you want something to compare with let me know and I'll send 'em over.
    Last edited by ljb187; February 20th, 2013 at 13:16.
    drhr likes this.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information