Incoming! And this time, I'm sad.
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Incoming! And this time, I'm sad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Incoming! And this time, I'm sad.

So guys, I've finally pulled the trigger on a watch I absolutely love. It's got an out there design--very unconventional. It's not going to be for everyone, but I've been smitten with it since the day I saw it. I tried one on two years ago at Tourneau in New York, and over and over, kept saying to myself "Someday, Raza. Someday. And then you're going to have to figure out how to read it." (it's triangular).

So I did it. I bought it. Called my AD, we agreed on a price over the phone and he got it from his distributor after I made a deposit. I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow. Finally, I'm buying a Hamilton Ventura XXL black. Here is a borrowed photo for reference, if you don't know what it looks like:

Why am I sad then? Because I'll never get to wear it. I bought it for my brother.

(Would I be absolutely horrible if I bought one for myself later?)
    CitizenM and SteveTomatoes like this.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Banned

Re: Incoming! And this time, I'm sad.

You are a nice guy, Raza....

Why not buy something different for your brother ( socks, tie or similar) and keep this Iconic piece?
    geoffbot likes this.

That stinks. Maybe you could wear it until you give it to him? And you'll either be over it or still want one.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Radiohead

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As much as I am wary of unconventional styles and designs, that's an interesting watch. While I wouldn't wear it myself (outside of spandex and Star Trek, that is), I can certainly see some folks pulling it off quite well.

And to answer your question - no, it wouldn't be horrible if you bought one for yourself later. I bought a refurbished Rolex Oysterquartz as a gift for someone, and I loved it so much that I kept it for myself, and bought them a regular, dressy Rolex Datejust instead. I can certainly relate to the feeling!

Very nice. I say get one for yourself also. Add it to the nice Hamilton collection you have so far. It will be one big happy family.
    Regards,

Richard

you are both very fortunate to have each other. the ventura is my favorite hammy raza
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    You are a nice guy, Raza....

Why not buy something different for your brother ( socks, tie or similar) and keep this Iconic piece?
    He's been lusting after it or something like it nearly as long. He started wanting a Technomarine Maori, and as that went out of production and the prices went way up, he fell in love with this one a little later on. He really wants this watch.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
    As much as I am wary of unconventional styles and designs, that's an interesting watch. While I wouldn't wear it myself (outside of spandex and Star Trek, that is), I can certainly see some folks pulling it off quite well.

And to answer your question - no, it wouldn't be horrible if you bought one for yourself later. I bought a refurbished Rolex Oysterquartz as a gift for someone, and I loved it so much that I kept it for myself, and bought them a regular, dressy Rolex Datejust instead. I can certainly relate to the feeling!
    When I went to that Tourneau, I tried on two watches. The Ventura XXL and the Oris ProDiver Chrono. I said I'd buy both. Two years and a dozen watches later, I'm finally buying one, and it's not even for me! It would suit his style pretty well, though, I do admit that. He currently switches between an orange bezel PO chrono and a Bvlgari Assioma. Big and unconventional.

That is a marvelous timepiece. You should get one for yourself.

Wow. That's a real stand out piece to add to a collection. Definatley not something to be worn on a daily basis, but to even break it out once in a while it would be worth to keep. I don't envy your predicament...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information