Infatuation with a new watch?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Infatuation with a new watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Infatuation with a new watch?

I acquired a Damasko DA46 about a week or so ago. Now, I don't want to wear my other watches from my very small collection. My Hamilton Khaki field mechanical sits in the box (may eventually get sold though). My Citizen Eco-Drive diver sits on the night stand soaking up rays, and my Mondaine Simply Elegant (my "dress" watch) stays in the box as well. I am loving my DA, but probably should go back to the rotation at some point. How long before you stop being infatuated with your newest acquisition?

Re: Infatuation with a new watch?

Goin' through it right now myself, a couple weeks and I return to the entire present stash and future lusts . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Let it roll... enjoy it...you'll know when the time is right to go back to a rotation.
    Popoki Nui likes this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have never had one watch that just pushed the others to the back. Sometimes I don't wear a new watch for days.

When you add more to the stable I think you'll see what I'm talking about. But what you're doing seems normal; all things considered. Who knows though. You may always be that way and quickly sell watches that get little wrist time. We're all different.

Disclosure:
    1. My posts are not shilling other people's stuff.
    2. I own everything that I post and paid for it with my own money.
    3. My opinions are not influenced by any form of compensation.

I have had some that I wear more often than others, but none that I'm so deeply in love with that the collection suffers.

About a week or two after purchase the honeymoon usually ends and I will start to notice the little quirks. After that, it either stays as part of the collection or out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    Let it roll... enjoy it...you'll know when the time is right to go back to a rotation.
    +1. Each person, and each watch is different. I've had the "honeymoon" period last several weeks, but my last one (a couple of weeks ago, new Seiko 5 50th anniversary limited edition World Time) lasted only a few days before I was back in rotation mode. You'll know.

~Sherry.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

A "honeymoon" period, I like that. Well, I will just wear what moves me and hold off on any decisions to sell anything for a little while.

Happens to everyone. I am going through it with my Longines right now. Depends on the watch for how long it lasts (and probably the quality of the surrounding collection) but usually mine is a few weeks, after that it's business as usual.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

My honeymoon period typically last 3-4 weeks including a trip (if there's one)

This year my new watches have been travelling a lot
    Pam 441 to HK and Tokyo for hanami (and possibly for my next trip to Sapporo and Tokyo)
    Seiko SBDX011 to HK,Sg,Brazil and Peru (more like 2 months)
    Pam 123 worn to Dubai and Bangkok

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information