info needed

Thread: info needed

info needed

who made this? is there other info on the watch which would give the manufacturers name? This will be here tomorrow. Shopathometv had some new from the 80's just prior to Iwc taking over. It does run the 7750.

stuffler,mike

Re: info needed

I´d say it must be a Orfina. Never have seen one with the Porsche emblem, most I´ve seen were signed with "pd" (Porsche Design) or Military (above or under the day/date windows).

Orfina was founded in Grenchen/Switzerland in 1922. Orfina was known for producing reliable timepieces. Their greatest success could be seen in their contract for officially issued pilot´s watches.

The original Porsche Design (pd) watches have been designed by Ferdinand Porsche himself - father of the Porsche 911.
    The Orfina Porsche Design "3H military" model was issued to the German military forces in the 1970’s.

Would pulling the back off help on identification? I think your right on Orfina though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

I´d give it a try. Orfina used to sign the rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I´d say it must be a Orfina. Never have seen one with the Porsche emblem, most I´ve seen were signed with "pd" (Porsche Design) or Military (above or under the day/date windows).

Orfina was founded in Grenchen/Switzerland in 1922. Orfina was known for producing reliable timepieces. Their greatest success could be seen in their contract for officially issued pilot´s watches.

The original Porsche Design (pd) watches have been designed by Ferdinand Porsche himself - father of the Porsche 911.
    The Orfina Porsche Design "3H military" model was issued to the German military forces in the 1970’s.
    I thought Ferdinand Porsche (the elder) was the father of the VW and the 356, while his son, Ferry, was father of the 911..... a very long-lived son it turned out to be, too!

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by artec View Post
    I thought Ferdinand Porsche (the elder) was the father of the VW and the 356, while his son, Ferry, was father of the 911..... a very long-lived son it turned out to be, too!
    As far as i know the Porsche 911 was designed by Ferry´s son Ferdinand Alexander.

quote: the 911 can trace its roots back to sketches drawn up by Ferry Porsche's eldest son, Ferdinand Alexander "Butzi" Porsche, in August 1959 ..

The reason I got this watch was mainly the way its badged. I finished restoring my 1964 356 SC last year, the interior I left alone other than putting in new padding on the seats. Its all the original black perforated leather. I guess its vanity, but I wanted to put the watch on a mounting plate on the dash pad next to the tach

Re: info needed a little more info

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    who made this? is there other info on the watch which would give the manufacturers name? This will be here tomorrow. Shopathometv had some new from the 80's just prior to Iwc taking over. It does run the 7750.
    i'v done or had a little more research done and found out this is probably an orfina made watch. but also found that porsche never put out a watch with the porsche logo on the dial, some body told me that it might be a replica watch, but why did they put in a true swiss 17 jewel valjoux 7750 engine? it leads me to believe me that it is not a replica, i'v tried for a month steadily looking and reading to let me think it is an original that was never released. i also purchased this watch from shop at home, and was not to dissappointed. i love the watch face and layout but replaced the bracelet with a sporty velcro strap. will continue to research the origins of this and hopr to find out. but anybody with info please list it so that we could have some sort of true history...http://www.horology.info/pic_library...gn%20V7750.jpg
    http://vintagewatch.ca/Pictures/Picture_2060.jpg this is as far as i'v gotten.. thank you...

the watch says porsche, but maybe not the car company. I've tracking down the heraldic shield on the dial. If I can locate it that should give a indication of who had it made.

Thread Information