Intro and a Question!

Thread: Intro and a Question!

Intro and a Question!

New to this site and love what I have seen so far - a mine of info!
    My first proper watch I bought (an automatic Bulova) I aquired on a trip to Jersey (Channel Isles) in the early 70's. This was waterproof so, returning to the Hotel after purchase I had it in a sink full of water to confirm this!
    The watch was fine but it didn't improve the leather strap!
    Anyway funds over the years have never been plentiful but I have bought an occasional watch or two, nothing expensive but I do like a screw back and a mineral glass.
    My latest 'find' was from an antique dealer in the Lymington, New Forest UK where I purchased a non working Momentum M1 in as new condition. I didn't recognise the name but it seemed well made to me, so I bought it in the hope it would work or be got working.
    As it happens it only wanted a new battery and now keeps good time.
    A bit of investigation has revealed that this is one of only 300 made by Momentum (Canada) for Land Rover (UK) with the Ford logo on the face!
    I have been trying to gather more info on this, to me, strange occurance but have so far drawn a blank - has anyone able to input anything into the above?

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inactive

Re: Intro and a Question!

Quote Originally Posted by watchalan View Post
    A bit of investigation has revealed that this is one of only 300 made by Momentum (Canada) for Land Rover (UK) with the Ford logo on the face!
    I have been trying to gather more info on this, to me, strange occurance but have so far drawn a blank - has anyone able to input anything into the above?

Alan
    If you didn't know, Ford owned the Landrover brand for some years in the noughties before selling it on to Tata.

smb

Nice find. Should be good for diving. Personally, I'd rather use an inexpensive diver when diving especially in rough water when it could get slammed around with all the equipment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

hi and welcome - nice find -Ford have marketed their brand logo on many wrist and pocket watches for many years - that one is particularly nice because the Ford blue colour match with dial -nice one and again enjoy the forum

Thanks for your replies!
    I'd forgotten about the ownership of Land Rover, although it wasn't for long though was it?
    I dont dive but I do enjoy the 'ruggedness' of this type of watch - not that it would be treated roughly! I invested £15 on this so it will be looked after!
    I think the blue face/logo go well - couldn't think of a better combination for Ford

Alan

I'm no expert, but if I had to guess as to who manufactured it, I'd say Citizen. The quartz mov't should have said either S. Epson, Seiko, Citizen, or Miyota.
    Ball<>Casio<>Fossil<>Invicta<>Grand Seiko<>Orient<>Rolex<>Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by coastiesquid View Post
    I'm no expert, but if I had to guess as to who manufactured it, I'd say Citizen. The quartz mov't should have said either S. Epson, Seiko, Citizen, or Miyota.
    i would agree it is probably Citizen -they did maybe still do several with Ford logo

Quote Originally Posted by watchalan View Post
    Thanks for your replies!
    I'd forgotten about the ownership of Land Rover, although it wasn't for long though was it?
    I dont dive but I do enjoy the 'ruggedness' of this type of watch - not that it would be treated roughly! I invested £15 on this so it will be looked after!
    I think the blue face/logo go well - couldn't think of a better combination for Ford

Alan
    Ford purchased LR in 2000 and sold it to Tata (India) in 2008. Ford owned Aston Martin and Jaguar during roughly the same time period. Dunno what Ford was thinking but buying the two car companies (LR and Jag) that made the least reliable cars sold in the Western World was never going to turn out well. PS a picture of the caseback might be helpful in gaining more info
    Last edited by ilitig8; November 1st, 2013 at 02:54.

Made by Momentum of Vancouver Canada. Not sure if 'AC Series 0026' helps?
    A photo of the rear, apparently this was one of a batch bought by Land Rover in 2003

Name:  Ford Momentum M1 Rear.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  194.8 KB

Thread Information