Introducing My First Automatic - Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback!
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Introducing My First Automatic - Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Introducing My First Automatic - Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback!

Name:  My Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback.JPG
Views: 8922
Size:  188.8 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 2968
Size:  86.4 KBName:  Watches 1.JPG
Views: 5131
Size:  98.2 KB

I'm new around these parts, but an avid fan of watches. My collection until today has been good quality quartz movements, including a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso, a Tag Heurer, a Daniel Mink, a Baume and Mercier Hampton, a Swiss Army, a Glam Rock, a Philip Stein, a Rado a Raymond Weil and a Rotary Reverso. For some time I've been reading about Automatic movement watches and had pretty much decided I'd get a Frederique Constant Carre, with the moon phase. But this week, I'm on vacation in Sarasota, FL., and one of the better jewelers at St. Armands Circle is discontinuing their line of Baume and Mercier and Chopards at 50% off retail. I was going to get a standard Capeland, but they had one Capeland Flyback, and it just kept calling my name. The flyback has gotten excellent reviews, so to get a $7500 (MSRP) Automatic for $3750, was just too good to pass up. The first picture is the Capeland Flyback on my wrist. The other two pictures are Chopards and Capelands that are available. To say I'm beyond thrilled at the moment, is an uderstatement. This watch in my opinion is absolutely beautiful.

If anyone is interested, this jeweler carries some very nice lines, including Patek Phillipe and while I was there, I took pictures of the remaining watches. If you are interested, you can contact Dianne Waters at McCarver & Moser. Phone: 941-388-3666 ([email protected])

Here is a list of the remaining watches. All are 50% off retail and come with the full manufacturers warranty. If shipped out of the state of Florida, no Sales Tax.

Baume & Mercier

Capeland Chrono, Brown Dial (MOA10002) $4350 MSRP - Yours for $2175
    Capeland Chrono, Black Dial (MOA10001) $4350 MSRP - Yours for $2175
    Hampton, Diamonds(MOA 10024) 5700 MSRP - Yours for $2850
    Classima 18KT White Gold, Diamonds (MOA08580) $9790 MSRP - Yours for $4895
    Linea, Steel (MOA10012) $3200 MSRP - Yours for $1600

Chopard

Happy Sport, Happy Diamonds, Strp, Stell/18KT Rose Gold (278509-6003) $13,750 MSRP - Yours for $6875
    Mille Miglia Titanium, Chrono, Rubber Strap (16857-3005) $8700 MSRP - Yours for $4350
    Mille Miglia, Chrono Black Dial, Brown Strap (168459-3001) $7730 MSRP - Yours for $3865

Again, an extremely reputable jeweler (been in business 40 years), so you can buy with confidence and get an UNBELIEVABLE deal!
    Last edited by RBrylawski; August 30th, 2012 at 04:19.

Re: Introducing My First Automatic - Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback!

Like that retro look, Nivrel and Eberhard use it as well.

Helluva first automatic, congrats! That's a gorgeous watch, one I've liked from the start, well done! Also, killer deal. I may need to call them up on the straight chrono, my wife says "thanks" ...

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Outstanding work! Now go vote for your watch in the WUS Top 100 thread!

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Thanks for the congrats all. I may be late to the Automatic world, but hopefully, I've made up lost time. Went out to dinner tonight and could barely concentrate on my food. I just kept staring at my watch. I'm in trouble for sure. I had NO idea a watch could make me feel so fantastic!

Watchbreath.....The moment I saw the retro look, I was smitten. While I really liked the other Capelands, the Flyback just spoke to me and even though it was more expensive, I would have regretted not getting it, since it was the only one at that price.

Roller, I will go vote for my watch. Thanks for the suggestion.

And Dan.....tell your wife she's "welcome!" If you do call them, you'll be pleased with the support Dianne offers. They are a quality jeweler for sure.

I love chronos...moreso when they are vintage...so capturing that look in a modern watch gives you the best of both worlds. I've liked this watch since I first saw it.

You got a killer deal.

WnS

A flyback chrono as your first watch. What a fantastic way to lose your watch virginity. Congrats!
    Formerguide likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

Inactive

Looking at the sales ladies' jewellery and age, I think her name is Beryl.
    Congrats on the purchase btw!
    Last edited by Atoning Unifex; August 30th, 2012 at 11:25. Reason: Forgot to say congrats

Congrats and looks great!! I have the same one and think it was a wonderful purchase, well worth the extra over the regular capaland and especially at that price!! You definitely won't regret it.

With all due respect I find this a little strange. I don't really see why anyone would build up a collection of Jaeger Le Coultre, Tag Heuer, Baume & Mercier etc (So you obviously know something about watches to have these brands), but all quartz? I don't get it. I don't mean to hate but I wonder why you would buy such nice brands but limit yourself to quartz. Most of us on here probably started off by buying a quartz and then switched to mechanicals as soon as we started to build our collection. Seems a strange way of thinking to just buy all quartz in luxury brands, if that really was the case (surely this isn't all made up just to promote your jeweller, or am I just too cynical...?).
    Last edited by ShaggyDog; August 30th, 2012 at 12:23.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information