Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

I am a new member. I have been looking for a new watch for a few months, and every time I search online I end up reading posts from this forum... So I thought I would join. I am attempting to become somewhat educated on vintage watches so that I do not make (any more) mistakes. I like vintage watches because I like to be "different" and if there is a complicated way to do anything, that is what you will find me doing! From the picture: I wear the orange Tommy Bahama most because it has most of the features I like (date, large, no gold). The next, a Seiko 5 was my first vintage purchase and is a great watch, just a little too small and has gold on it. The auto Bulova is great but no date. The next two Bulova's are why I am scared to buy vintage, the 1917-H quit running as soon as I got it home, and the other one is too small (they both are really). Lastly there is nothing wrong with the Citizen, I just don't like the band I put on there and so I never wear it. Anyway, with a budget of $200 I can buy lots of watches online, but I am afraid to do so because I am uneducated. I have had fun perusing the classified ads on here even though I cannot afford much! -Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Rickstwowheels; July 30th, 2014 at 14:02.

Re: Introduction

Welcome, Rick! Looks like you have some interesting pieces there. Enjoy the ride.

Welcome to the forum, Rick!

Nice collection. Vintage can be tough - buying from a reputable seller is the only advice I can offer. And lots of research, of course! Ask specific question here on the vintage forum.

Just buy a new strap for your citizen and wear it. Or sell it. The current one is on upside-down anyway, I think.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You are correct about the band Geoff, I did not like the "D" rings on it, so I cut off the ones I did not need to hold the strap and turned the remaining ones toward my body where they would be less noticeable!

Welcome Rick! Let the quest begin.
    Current Rotation:Rolex Yacht-Master 116655, Rolex CHNR GMT Master II Ceramic 126711, Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, Tudor Pelagos, Tudor Black Bay Red, Deep Blue Pro Tac 1K

From one new guy to another, welcome to the forums Rick!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to WUS Rick.

Welcome!!!

Thread Information