Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello my name is Miguel and I'm venturing in to the realm of quality watches. I've been using and collecting quality and custom knives for the past couple of years and now would like to get in to some nice watches as well. I'm new to this world but hopefully will catch on and learn to distinguish my taste in wrist wear fast.

I've been eyeballing some automatics like the Breitling Avenger Skyland, Tag Heur Aquaracer, and Omega Seamaster Professional. Those watches seem like a pretty good place to start unless someone can direct me otherwise, I like the look of those sporty chronographs.

I'm a member on most of the American knife forums and have a solid sales record with many members.

Hope to see and make friends with most of you.
    Last edited by MiG Angel; November 26th, 2010 at 21:05.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.

Banned

Re: Introduction

Hi Miguel, welcome to WatchUSeek - or WUS as we say. All of the watches you're looking at are nice. The Omega is very popular and the TAG has one of the best bezels on any stainless steel sport watch IMO, but I'm partial to Breitling because of their case & bracelet build quality. You should know that we really want to see pictures even if they aren't yours. It helps to make it easy if we can see all the watches in the same post.

Thanks for the welcome.

A guy in one of the knife forums was selling this Avenger Skyland which caught my eye. I didn't know it then but he sold it for a very fair price and I'm kicking myself for not having picked up then.

Good signature by the way, I especially agree with Rule #2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

welcome to WUS miguel! hope you find what your looking for!

Cheers!

v76

Welcome to the forum, and we look forward to many pics (and posts) as your collection builds up!

Since you like chronographs, Omega and Breitling are good brands to check out in the mid-range. If you're willing to pay slightly more (or slightly less, if going the pre-owned route) check out Zenith chronographs (El Primero). And, if you're feeling a little "adventurous", check out some "Japan only" automatic chronographs made by Seiko. You may order these online from reputable sellers such as Seiya and Higuchi. For instance, the Seiko Phoenix Brightz automatic chronograph has an in-house column-wheel, vertical clutch movement (which are refinements to be found in Swiss watches costing a lot more), these models are available for less than $3000.

Of course, higher end you have even more options - IWC, JLC, GP, GO, etc ...

And lower end, plenty of brands use the ETA/Valjoux7750 for their chronographs, Tissot and Swatch use the new C01 movement - the Swatch automatic chronograph is the cheapest one available as far as I know.
    Last edited by v76; November 26th, 2010 at 22:09.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

My best advice is to look around LOTS and ask plenty of questions.
    If you haven't changed your mind at least 3x's before buying, you've not done enough research.
    Good luck!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to the Public Forum as well. Nice Breitling.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Hey, it is GREAT to see you here!! Welcome!!
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Welcome to the forum and good hunting.
    N
    Caveat lector

Hi TKC!

Thanks for the good advice and warm welcome everyone!

Thread Information