WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Introduction from a noob, I'm new here!

727 views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  uzlesnoob 
#1 ·
Hello guys!

I'm 20, and student in a kind of poorer country so I dont really have extra money at this moment :)
But I always found watches really cool... I read about them all the time online, and I've been on this forum only reading for a longer period.

So with some income I got with internships, I decided to get a watch. In my country, there is not really much choice, and the customs would rip me off if I tried to purchase online, so I had to choose from the options I had.

View attachment 7609546 View attachment 7609602 View attachment 7609618 View attachment 7609674

So this is what i got :)
I know that for the most of the members here it's nothing special, some might think it is lame, but it kind of means a lot to me that I finally got to wear a watch :)
It will be my daily watch, I hope for few more years untill I finish with my studies and get work, so I could get better ones. I can't wait untill I have

What do you think about it without being too rough? :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately can't see your pics.
Fortunately it is not because you are new
Unfortunately, it is because the site has been having issues with attachments for weeks now.

Click "Edit Post" and reattach them using "manage attachments". Or create a new post and click "Go Advanced". Using paperclip in advanced mode seems to be a workaround for image posting issues.

#7 ·
For an affordable, that is a good looking Casio. Classic design, good proportions - nothing wrong there. Should serve you well until the next one.

PS. What country are you in with such limited watch selection and rough customs? Just curious

#16 ·
PS. What country are you in with such limited watch selection and rough customs? Just curious
Macedonia :)
The thing is - the cost can easily get to 50% higher, plus the waiting... They would charge me 35% for customs, 18% for VAT and X% for "administrative costs". For example, I'm still waiting for 5$ phone case that was sent (not purchased, was purchased even before that) nearly month ago, and it should have been here at least a week ago. I guess the country is not really ready for online shopping yet.

And there are shops that sell higher tier brands, but they are premium price products only, sold by high tier jewelry store.
I guess it's normal in a country where 500$ monthly is considered good sallary :) (but pretty much the same costs for everything)

Anyway,
Thanks to everybody :)

#12 ·
I like it! Clean design and the Roman numerals add a nice bit of flair (I like that they're lumed). Best of luck to you in your studies and career. No matter what happens, hang on to this watch. That first one is special.

Reactions: uzlesnoob
#20 ·
Welcome uzlesnoob! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your watch. As others have said, it has a really nice, classic look. Congratulations on the purchase, and on its significance. That feeling of joy and accomplishment when you choose it, wear it, and use it in good health is what it's all about.

Good luck with your studies my friend, and enjoy both your watch and the forum.

#21 ·
Welcome brother, as you can see, the community here is welcoming and encouraging. We will not judge you until at least your 10th post, lol. Sweet watch for your first purchase. Too bad about the online purchasing situation there, there is literally an entire universe of possibilities available! The great thing -one of, rather - about living in Europe is your only a train ride away from a multitude of other countries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Good looking, classic watch! Welcome, from one noobie to the next.

#26 ·
Welcome aboard buddy. Nothing to be ashamed of your priced possession. Your choice of watch is indeed very good within the budget you had.

#27 ·
W E L C O M E ! !

I like yer tactics kid... first build up how bad it is and then show a nice piece!

As we like to say... it's a slippery slope and somehow you will find extra funds. This will be your first of many!

Enjoy the ride.

#29 ·
Thanks to all for the replies and kind words :)

W E L C O M E ! !

I like yer tactics kid... first build up how bad it is and then show a nice piece!

As we like to say... it's a slippery slope and somehow you will find extra funds. This will be your first of many!

Enjoy the ride.
hahah but it wasn't any tactics I just felt like it is out of place in a forum full of rolexes, tags, omegas etc... :)

Welcome brother, as you can see, the community here is welcoming and encouraging. We will not judge you until at least your 10th post, lol. Sweet watch for your first purchase. Too bad about the online purchasing situation there, there is literally an entire universe of possibilities available! The great thing -one of, rather - about living in Europe is your only a train ride away from a multitude of other countries!

I hope the online purchasing situation will go better in near(er) future, as now it is kind of possible at least, compared to few years ago...
I used that chance to travel in europe, and I plan on doing it again when I get some extra funds btw :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.