Introduction and a question about transatlantic price differences...

Thread: Introduction and a question about transatlantic price differences...

Introduction and a question about transatlantic price differences...

Hello all. Been reading this forum for a while. Slightly addicted. The tone of discussion is excellent and there's a lot to learn here. Thanks to all for the entertainment and education.

My own watch interest started in January 2012 when I picked up an IWC Spitfire Chronograph from Watches of Switzerland here in London. My best mate already had one (a Portuguese) and I bought into the brand and splashed out, having wanted a quality watch for some years. I still love it now and wear it about 50% of the time. Since then my only other purchase has been a Luminox chrono I wear for the gym and when doing any kind of physical work. I own and run a pub and having dinged my IWC on a cask of ale in the cellar once decided I needed something less precious for my wrist.

I've just bought a new pub which I'm in the process of renovating for an opening at the end of next month (on the day of my 35th birthday as it happens). I'm looking to buy myself another watch. I happen to have a friend from the USA and regular at my existing pub - he's also into watches - who travels to and from Texas on a monthly basis. He's offered to make the purchase for me on his next trip.

Before getting into what I might buy, can anyone give me an idea how much I might save by doing this?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by gunborough; January 13th, 2014 at 23:41.

Re: Introduction and a question about transatlantic price differences...

Only way to tell is to compare prices. Be sure to include vat and any other duties your country might impose when the watch is brought into England.

Banned

Re: Introduction and a question about transatlantic price differences...

It may be less expensive to buy domestically or in EU. I live in Texas and our roads, police and public schools would welcome your contribution in the form of sales tax, though.

Thread Information