WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

invicta 9937 OR Steinhart ocean 1

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Casey Greene 
#1 ·
Invicta 9937 vs. Steinhart Ocean 1, I like the look of the sub, but I have never seen either in person. I just wanted to gets some opinions on which is the better watch; construction, value, fit and finish. Are there any other bands that make a better submariner style watch. Thanks for your time
Casey

#2 ·
I would imagine the steinhart is of better quality and has a better reputation etc etc and I'm sure the service/support is better than invicta. However you may be able to find a really good deal on the invicta if the service/support and slightly better quality doesn't matter to you. Both are great looking

#9 ·
:) Check out Nivrel.

:-d Yuppies wear TAGs.
I own both a 9937 and a 39mm Ocean 1. Overall I believe the Steinhart is a higher quality watch (divers extension, screw links, 300m depth). The Steinhart has world class customer certification and have responded to my inquiries expeditiously. I truly enjoy the watch and believe it will give many years of service. It's an experience I would repeat again in a heart beat. The Invicta is also a very fine watch although it has a little more of the high production feel (no divers extension, pins in the links, 200m depth). For the approximate $70 more I believe the Steinhart justifies easily. Please note I say that and am happy to put on my Invicta daily. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.