Invicta Sea Spider 6479 Chronograph..Is This Normal?

Thread: Invicta Sea Spider 6479 Chronograph..Is This Normal?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Invicta Sea Spider 6479 Chronograph..Is This Normal?

Im new to the watch scene and ive recently bought an invicta sea spider 6479, i love it! I have 2 questions about one of the chronographs though. 1) The 1/10 chronograph is a hairline off the "10" mark (which would leave it pointing straight up) and cannot be manually reset, i have contacted watch repair shops in my area that said they can fix for a small fee, should i take any precautions? Is this a common and or normal issue with chronographs? 2) The 1/10 chronograph spins when i press the stop watch button, and once it spins for 30 seconds it stops and goes to the "10" (except for being a hairline off). After 30 seconds the 1/10 stops moving, however the 30 minute chronograph continues to move in intervals. What I notice is if i let the watch record time for say 45mins-1hr the 1/10 chronograph slowly moves around as if it too is telling time along with the other dials. Is this as well as the 30 sec stop normal? Thanks for the help, this is a great forum!

Re: Invicta Sea Spider 6479 Chronograph..Is This Normal?

Yes to both of the above. I have the same movement in my Invicta, and the chronograph does the same exact thing (even the 1/10 second is off). After 30 seconds, the 1/10 scale shows hours (in halves) so that you can actually keep time accurately. For example to show 2 hours 47 minutes and 8 seconds, the 1/10 scale will show 2 and a half exactly, the 30 min would read 17, and the seconds hand would be at 8.

Hope this helps! Its a great movement.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Also, bear in mind that anyone other than the manufacturer opening the watch for repair will void the warranty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluloo View Post
    Also, bear in mind that anyone other than the manufacturer opening the watch for repair will void the warranty.
    Hahaha..... Invicta..... Warranty.......
    Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike120 View Post
    Hahaha..... Invicta..... Warranty.......
    Hahaha yeah i laughed too, they're very arrogant over the phone, basically i bought my watch on online (it was the last in stock) and it wasn't in the described condition had some dings in it (nothing too serious though), idk if it was used and listed as new (unlikely, i bought it from a legit jewelry store) returning it wasn't really an option because i did get it for a steal (still quite pricey though), but none the less i tried calling invicta and explaining to them the grievances with the watch.

They basically told me because it wasn't bought from shopnbc i "probably" bought it from an unreliable source and that they weren't going to do anything about it. I really wanted to talk to the spokesman manager but every time i called (i put in about 5 calls) they said sorry they re not in...BS..They offered to repair it for a fee and i laughed at them over the phone and said: "What good is your warranty if I have to pay you to fix it + shipping fees, I don't know any other company that does that??!!" They didn't know what to say, and eventually just talked in loops and said goodbye.

The watch no doubt is a beaut, this was the first watch ive ever bought, and i really wish the experience would of been better, i just kinda felt cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by sellerman90 View Post

this was the first watch ive ever bought, and i really wish the experience would of been better, i just kinda felt cheated.
    This is unfortunately all too common an experience. With all the quality watches available for the same money, it makes little sense to risk an Invicta. At least the hands didn't fall off.
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

Quote Originally Posted by Tzimisces View Post
    This is unfortunately all too common an experience. With all the quality watches available for the same money, it makes little sense to risk an Invicta. At least the hands didn't fall off.
    Yet.

That said, I know two guys who have Invictas as their only watch, and they love them.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yet.

That said, I know two guys who have Invictas as their only watch, and they love them.
    I'm glad they enjoy their watches. Most Invictas work fine. I personally don't think the original designs are compelling enough to risk it, the rip-off designs less so. Despite all the claims of Swiss-ness, when I think Invicta I think
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

is that a chinese junker?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzimisces View Post
    I'm glad they enjoy their watches. Most Invictas work fine. I personally don't think the original designs are compelling enough to risk it, the rip-off designs less so. Despite all the claims of Swiss-ness, when I think Invicta I think

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yet.

We all know it is a 50/50 coin toss, that might even be generous. Your friends (guys) got lucky they beat the odds. ;)
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information