Invicta on shopNBC??

Thread: Invicta on shopNBC??

Invicta on shopNBC??

I was channel surfing and shopnbc was having a "clearance event" on Invicta watches. I had never heard of the brand before, but a couple of the watches caught my attention and I ordered them. My Seiko Kinetic auto-relay crystal has recently started taking on scratches (after 8 years of abuse). Does anyone know if Invicta makes a quality watch? Has anyone had any expirience with the following watches? Good deals or are these to be returned items?? Thanks.

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?fami...chList-_-N-_-N

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?fami...-CS1-_-J171933

Re: Invicta on shopNBC??

I really like this watch
    http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?fami...chList-_-N-_-N
    lots of features for the price...especially the 26 jewel movement??

Invicta is (or was) a decent brand offering decent quality watches at an affordable price. They use (or used) a mix of Asian and Swiss movements in their different models, some the miyota movement from Japan, all the way up to eta 2824s and valjoux 7750. I say this in the past tense because I am out of the loop with Invicta as of late. I have heard some questionable quality issues such as misalligned dials and crooked labeling on the dial. The models I have, albeit two years old at this point, have been stellar and have not given me any troubles.

EDIT: I suggest if you can find an old 8926 at a decent price, buy it. It was the best model Invicta made. It's a Rolex sub lookalike, I have one, the 9094, in a blue dial. I wear it daily as a beater and for the past 3 years it has been accurate and dependable.
    Last edited by watch-man7777; May 7th, 2007 at 07:11.
    -Jarrod

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

You´ll find tons of threads reg. Invicta on our Affordable Watches Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbirt View Post
    I was channel surfing and shopnbc was having a "clearance event" on Invicta watches. I had never heard of the brand before, but a couple of the watches caught my attention and I ordered them. My Seiko Kinetic auto-relay crystal has recently started taking on scratches (after 8 years of abuse). Does anyone know if Invicta makes a quality watch? Has anyone had any expirience with the following watches? Good deals or are these to be returned items?? Thanks.

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=J171702&storeid=1&page=LIST&category=Wat ches|t311&prop=Invicta|483&prop=Men's|472&catprop= 472&track=483&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=J171933&storeid=1&track=-51001&oasid=1000&prop=Invicta%7c483&prop=Men's%7c4 72&catprop=472&category=Watches%7ct311&page=LIST&c m_re=ProdPage-_-CS1-_-J171933
    I bought the first model - Invicta Vintage IV - with the black dial and I love it. The fit and finish are superb and the watch is manly, elegant and simply a stunning dress watch - very heavy too. Great price also!!!

Invicta's are not bad looking watches. I had 3. gave one as a gift to my kid brother and sold him the other 2.

They just were not me. The newer ones look good but the older ones I feel are better quality.

I caught the show. It was entertaining watching those two guys sell the watches. At one point he told the audience not to take a "bathroom break" because of all the deals they had coming up.

Mike.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

Breitling|Tag Heuer|Omega|Rolex|Ulysse Nardin

Quote Originally Posted by Split Second View Post
    I caught the show. It was entertaining watching those two guys sell the watches. At one point he told the audience not to take a "bathroom break" because of all the deals they had coming up.

Mike.
    I actually sat there wondering why it was so important that the watch said "Swiss Made" on it!?! Does this really matter? If you go to Switzerland, are there not people without watch making skills working in the watch business? I was switching back and forth from some Arnold movie every commercial break. Then I got on shop NBC to see the watches for myself without the annoying sales talk.

Thread Information