Invicta, Stuhrling, etc, etc. Info needed.

Thread: Invicta, Stuhrling, etc, etc. Info needed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Invicta, Stuhrling, etc, etc. Info needed.

So the last few weeks I have seen ShopNBC doing specials on the Invicta and Stuhrling and some other watches. While I don't think SNBC has the best prices, I do like the look of some of these watches. Are these brands work a crap? What are they comparable too? I find it odd, that a watch has a MSRP of like $1500 but they can sell it for $250 and make a profit. To me something seems a little shady here. But, back to my original question, how are the watches?

Re: Invicta, Stuhrling, etc, etc. Info needed.

Welcome to the forum. If you try the search function you will find lots of information about Invicta, which has been discussed at legth both here and on the Affordables forum.
    Here's one on Sturhling:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=254306

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Banned

I have a 1966 Longines that's worth $4000 by their math. Why not Google Invicta and see if you can find a couple of their (non-ShopNBC controlled) forums? You know what, let me save you the trouble - they're clogged with owner complaints about poor quality control and bad customer service experiences, yet the same people griping will buy ANOTHER watch next week and proudly announce it.... unless the hands are laying at the bottom of the dial, it doesn't run right out of the box, or the bracelet is falling apart (all actual and repeated problems). I never understand why you would put your hand back in the fire after being burnt, especially when you can get a great watch like Orient, Seiko, Tissot, or Fossil for the same money. Both the brands you mention have some nice designs so maybe that's what attracts so many unsuspecting customers.

Okay, let the Invictaphiles get their flame throwers. I have to run and grab my fire retardant suit:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Take the "truths" with a little grain of salt~Both brands have their good and bad points, although I own both and haven't had any problems that I couldn't live with or have a watchmaker fix, cheers!

There are a few Invictas/Stuhrlings I would (or actually HAVE) bought in the under $150 range. They are decent enough at this or lower pricing. Anything more than that I am looking at Seiko, Orient, Tissot, Wenger, Swiss Army etc. Usually a better product, and worth more if you flip it someday. If you see one you like (for a cheap price!) get one and try it, just don't pay too much.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Having owned both, I can tell you that the quality and reliability of both Invicta and Stuhrling are spotty. For a little more money you can get a real quality piece from Seiko, Orient, and others already mentioned in this thread. It'll be worth every extra penny you'll spend.
    Warmest regards,

Aaron

Invicta has the worth cutomer service in the history of free enterprise.

Spend more than $200 on an Invicta and you WILL get burned sooner or later.

Yeah, a quick search answered most of my suspicions. Thanks for the info. I love my Seikos. I have 4 so far, and a Luminox on the way. While my collection is much smaller (and cheaper) than many of yours, I am trying to get a little more higher end stuff. They are just fantastic pieces. But the price tag reflects it too. LOL I will probably stick to my Seikos, Tags, Luminox, Citizen, etc.:thanks

+1,000,000!
    Warmest regards,

Aaron

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information