Issue with WOW

Thread: Issue with WOW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Issue with WOW

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to relate an experience re: a popular online site. I've ordered from World of watches several times and have been disappointed each time. Yes, I am a fool for going back..but check this out:

1) First time - Ordered an Aerowatch; came with a scratch on the crown. Spent over 2 hours on the phone and got nowhere. Finally touched it up myself.

2) Ordered a Seiko Monster - came with the wrong box; box was badly broken (although the outer box was in pristine shape) - I suspect they knew the box was broken and still sent it to me.

3) Ordered another watch, came with small irregularities in the sapphire crystal and a few dings around the bezel. Again called WOW and got nowhere after hours of frustration.

4) Ordered yet another watch...came with a hair under the crystal. Sent it back right away...took over a month to get a replacement...despite several phone calls and emails.

5) Got an email offer from them...some great deals. Though I knew better, I bit. Bought 3 watches. Next day, got an email confirming that my order was cancelled - no explanation. After an hour on the phone today I am told there was a pricing error on their website (even though THEY sent me a BLOWOUT SALE email) and my order would be cancelled. They'd be more than happy to sell me the same watches at over 3x the price I paid though. Awesome.

Seriously I recommend anyone interested in a watch stay the hell away from worldofwatches.com, ewatches.com, fractionprice.com, discountwatchstore.com. These stores are dishonest and offer no customer service whatsoever. I realize some of you may have had transactions without problems...but I've ordrered from them several times in the last few months and have been consistently disappointed. I will **never** consider buying from an SWI store again. Lior has assembled a team of first class scam artists.

NM
    Last edited by nm4710; March 15th, 2010 at 17:56.

Re: Issue with WOW

Geez..Sorry to hear about your trouble. But by the same token, You are just a sucker for punishment my friend. Why would you do that to yourself again and again. Are their prices THAT much less than the rest? Truthfully, one bad experience and they are history with me. BTW you stated that the Monster's box was damaged, then said they knew the Monster was broke and still sent it to you. Which is it? Was it the box damaged or the watch? Or both? And how did that deal work out ultimately? And you STILL gave them more business????
    Last edited by hansomegq67; March 15th, 2010 at 17:56.

That sucks dude, the email scam is exceptionally seedy. I've purcased two watches from them without issue but I'll think twice about another now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry hansome I wrote it wrong - they knew the box was shattered...the watch ended up arriving with a scratched crystal b/c the plastic from the box scratched it. I was able to polish the scratches out..but how disappointing!

Yeah, I agree I've been a sucker. Part of it is the prices...part of it are the countless posts extolling the company and its customer service. They must be paying people to do this...quite handsomely b/c their service is piss-poor.
    -NM

Quote Originally Posted by nm4710 View Post
    Sorry hansome I wrote it wrong - they knew the box was shattered...the watch ended up arriving with a scratched crystal b/c the plastic from the box scratched it. I was able to polish the scratches out..but how disappointing!

Yeah, I agree I've been a sucker. Part of it is the prices...part of it are the countless posts extolling the company and its customer service. They must be paying people to do this...quite handsomely b/c their service is piss-poor.
    -NM
    Yeah, I had a similar experience a couple months ago,with a well know website too. Great prices, testimonies, unbeatable customer service claims etc. All bogus, the whole website. I was sold a Eco-drive watch that arrived DOA with a dead cell, couldn't be charged. And despite the No-Hassle refund claim on the website...It took a month to get a refund. Only because I made a PayPal claim, then ultimately my credit card company pressured them for it..I still lost $40 in the deal to mail the dead watch back overseas. I still haven't saw that money back till this day. But, by the same token..that $40 got them out of my life for good now and I no longer need to email them 30+ times...That's a bargain, when I look at it in the grand scheme of things. But, like I said earlier. They blew it with me once..and that's that..No more business for them from me.

Ugh! How obnoxious! Thanks for taking the time to give us a heads up.

Perhaps the funniest part is that I get 2-3 emails a day from these clowns. I am going to add them to my blocked list. I hope my bad experiences will serve as caution for those tempted by their prices. I strongly suspect that their watches are either used/returns or seconds. When you consider that the value part of the equation is no longer that strong.

Again, stay away.
    NM

v76

That's awful customer service ... I'm sorry you got burned more than once.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
    I've only bought once from them but the customer service was actually quite good and everything arrived promptly from Florida to Canada
    Last edited by gadgetfreak; March 16th, 2010 at 04:15.
    Casio EQW-M1000DB-1AER Solar Atomic Radio Sync 1/20th second Stopwatch
    Citizen 8110A Automatic 2-register flyback chronograph 28,800bph
    Casio PAW 1500T Titanium ABC Tide MoonGraph Radio Sync
    Citizen Calibre 2100 Titanium Chronograph AV0021-52H
    Invicta Corduba 7135 Skeletonized Miyota 8N24 21J Movt
    Invicta Sapphire Ghost Skeletonized ETA 2824-2 Model 2701
    Citizen Promaster Titanium AS4050-51E Radio Control Eco-Drive (Ultimate Nighthawk) **GRAIL STATUS**
    Invicta SubAqua Noma III 4550 ETA 7751 **GRAIL STATUS**
    Citizen Skyhawk AT Black Stainless Steel **GRAIL STATUS**
    Citizen Skyhawk Stainless Steel
    Casio G-Shock GW-1300A Solar Atomic
    Casio Protrek PRG-70YT Black Titanium Triple Sensor
    Casio SeaPathfinder SPF-70T Titanium Triple Sensor
    Casio Protrek PRG-80T Titanium Triple Sensor
    Poljot 31681 Movt Volmax Aviator III Mechanical Chronograph
    Aviator 31681 / 3035268 Mechanical Chronograph

when i first started buying watches I used world of watches,[for cheaper watches] never had an issue, bought my old invicta 9937 with the stellita sw200 movement in it for one of those mega deals, they have a clock running on that at the top and can only get the deal with time remaining on the clock, if you try to buy after the time expired you dont get the price. have also bought a couple of the travel winders from them and some coach sunglasses for my wife from there other web site, all positive.
    sounds like your luck was not as good as mine, sorry to hear about that
    Tag Heuer Carrera vintage calibre 1
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer caliber S
    Tag Heuer link automatic
    Tag Heuer aquaracer chronotimer
    Tag Heuer aquaracer grande date
    Philip admirale chrono v7750
    Burett neo icon auto
    Movado elliptica
    Invicta 9937 auto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information