Issues with my next one - give advice, share a comment, throw me a line

View Poll Results: What would you get (just in general)?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Rolex Explorer II

8 44.44%
  • Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

9 50.00%
  • Breitling Aeromarine Colt GMT

1 5.56%
  • Eterna Kontiki

0 0%
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Issues with my next one - give advice, share a comment, throw me a line

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off Topic post Issues with my next one - give advice, share a comment, throw me a line

So, hi!

I'm relatively new on this forum while I've been reading through it for a while.

I'm facing a problem with my next watch. I'm absolutely sure, I am going to get one - just not quite sure which one. I want one that's an "all-rounder". One I could use at work in the office, outdoors sporting and even on the beach. I have one month to go until I turn 30 - so, there's the schedule.

1. At some point, I'm going to end up with Explorer II. Currently it just seems a bit out of reach due to.. financial reasons. In order for me to get one, I should sell a few to balance it out. I have no problem with letting go of most of my watches - just don't touch my PAM183 and Omega cal. 265 - they're too dear to me. And there's always the hassle of selling them for a reasonable price.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rolex-explorer-2-16570-HD.jpg 
Views:	4174 
Size:	269.2 KB 
ID:	406858

2. Aqua Terra represents a more elegant take on this matter. I love its plain looks and that it's fairly new. It is on my list and some day I'd like to own one. Also it would be the most affordable with some 1300€ second hand.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	om287_im.jpg 
Views:	838 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	406861

3. Breitling Colt GMT would be the rugged looker of the group that might not work at the office but in the end still an interesting piece to have and a "must" at some point. So, though, I love its bad boy attitude, is it too much? The price would fall to something under 1900€ - basically half of Explorer II - and it would doable fairly quick.
    Name:  Aeromarine-Breitling-Colt-GMT+.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  69.3 KB

4. My surprise element is the Eterna Kontiki. The only one of these four that would be straight out of an AD with a nice discount at 1600€. So, the value for money would be excellent, I guess, and there's something nouvelle in its looks. But being a shallow fellow.. .. the brand Eterna doesn't sound as classy to me as Omega's Seamaster, Breitling, let alone Rolex, though, I am aware of the legacy around Kontiki.
    Name:  mtr_10_1021_eterna_kontiki_1220.41.46.1184_01.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  78.4 KB

What to do, what to do? All comments (constructive or not) are accepted. Please, help me out. What or how do the pieces above make you feel? Thanks in advance.

Re: Issues with my next one - give advice, share a comment, throw me a line

I'd opt for the Omega AT for its versatility (WR is sufficient for the beach and water sports like kayaking; and outdoors sports in general is fine if you don't mind the occasional risk of banging the watch - I'd just take it off if its that rough).
    Best,

Tempvs

Of the options available I'd take the Explorer because of its iconic status and versatility. The Omega is nice but not sporty enough imho. For what you're spending you could get a Breitling Steelfish or SuperOcean, but that's with a decent discount. Whatever you choose from those will be a very nice watch. Good luck.

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Colt is a quartz watch, correct?
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

The Breitling looks like an automatic. My vote goes to the Omega.

I've been gently leaning towards AT since I feel it's more elegant than others and might just become a classic or something.

@ TxKarateDude: You're right. SO or Steelfish would probably be more bang for buck. Somehow I've prefered the face of Colt to the SO. Good point! Thanks! :)

@ Raza: There's also a quartz version of Colt but automatic is the one on the table here.

Keep them coming. Thank you! :)

v76

My pick would be the AT followed closely by the Explorer. Have you considered a Grand Seiko or a Zenith Elite Captain (center seconds) on bracelet?
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

4 nice watches there. Personally I would rank them in the order posted. IMO if you know you're going to get an Explorer II at some point you might as well just get it now.
    PiPPoI likes this.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

@ v76: Grand Seiko looks too much like vintage Omegas from 60s and 70s and I've got enough of those. :) Zenith has a special appeal with it but the price seems to be more Explorer money.

All nice but out of the bunch I like the Colt GMT personally. And you could wear it to work-ish :)
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information