The other contenders were:

The objectives are:

1. Brown strap, non-black dial
2. Complication(s) or other interestingness
3. Daily wearer from jeans to suit
4. Display back
5. $2000-$3000 pre-discount
6. 38-40mm diameter, 14mm thickness maximum

Other consideration, dropping significantly in cost, is Stowa Antea 390 Silver Rotor COSC, where the silver rotor is the 'interestingness'. Wish there was a complications model though.

What are your thoughts, fellow WUS members, whose opinion(s) I value highly?

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, if you are gonna spluurfg on one of the three in question, I think bachelorette number 2 is the best looking. If you're in the market for complications galore, number 1 is the way to go. (IMOO- in my obvious opinion)

You mention a desire for "interestingness." Although it is unlikely to yield complications, you could probably get a very cool vintage watch in your price range- maybe gold, shaped case of some kind. You could pick up one of the larger Gruen Curvex watches, for instance, in solid gold and have enough left over for something else. Way different style, I know, just an alternative. There would be a lot of vintage solutions to your dilemma.

Rick.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies thus far, folks... I'm going to try and visit places to see them each in person again, but stock appears low in London...

I wasn't able to find a broad-arrow with moonphase on Omega's site via their watch finder, is that a current model? It sounds very interesting, but also expensive :think:

#9 ·
The moon-phase colors throw off clean look for me. I'd go for #2. (IMHO)

#11 ·
Ok if I were to throw out these alternatives, could I get your opinions?

My current collection includes a silver dial GMT and a black face chrono, but no moonphases, no calendars, no gold-tone. The two brown strap watches I have are a black-face Hamilton Khaki and a Longines Evidenza Big Date Small Seconds:

Were it not for the fact that I already have the Evidenza, I'd probably already have the Master Complications =P

#12 ·
Always liked the minimalist elegance of that Tag. So my vote is for the TTT. If it must be one of the Longines, then #2 would be my pick. Good luck with your decision.. post pics when you get it |>

#14 ·
as a daily wearer I would go with your #2 from the original post. It has some nice subdials to add interest but it is not so busy as to be look inappropriate with business attire.

#15 ·
Saw one of these today... lovely case, lovely dial, but there's a small round window in the back of the case at 12 showing the movement, which is clearly a completely undecorated 2824... I don't know if they spec out a better balance or spring, but I just can't abide an undecorated, visible movement in a watch at this price point...

The case of the master complications seems to be going poorly... I wonder if flattering photos will make an impact? =P

#16 ·
I like B&M. I almost got the Classima Executive before deciding on the IWC instead.

As for the complications, it is a cool watch but I think all the complications make it more of a casual watch versus something for business or formal events.

Of course all that matters is your opinion. Get whatever watch stirs your soul!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.