I've always wondered
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I've always wondered

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I've always wondered

A lot of these sales staff in the higher end watch brand stores can be seen wearing a watch from that brand. Would the store only hire you if you owned one beforehand ? Would they make you buy one (possibly at a discount) ? Would they loan them to staff ?

I've always wondered.

Re: I've always wondered

Ask one next time you're browsing.

No no and no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice question! it would have been even nicer if the answers had been positive ...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKarate View Post
    A lot of these sales staff in the higher end watch brand stores can be seen wearing a watch from that brand. Would the store only hire you if you owned one beforehand ? Would they make you buy one (possibly at a discount) ? Would they loan them to staff ?
    In my opinion, and in contrast to popular belief, the answer to the universe and everything isn't 42, but something alse, and I believe it's also the answer to your question:

Depends.
    brandon\ likes this.

I went into a "higher class" watch store the other week to look at their Tudors, Nomos(es) and Cartiers.
    The young guy that followed me around the store with his white gloves and who put my selections onto a leather tray for examination wore a Seiko chronograph and said he was planning on "working his way up".
    Make of that what you will.
    JohnnyKarate and craigr812 like this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthjade View Post
    I went into a "higher class" watch store the other week to look at their Tudors, Nomos(es) and Cartiers.
    The young guy that followed me around the store with his white gloves and who put my selections onto a leather tray for examination wore a Seiko chronograph and said he was planning on "working his way up".
    Make of that what you will.
    My local AD sells Oris, Nomos, Grand Seiko, Bremont, Omega, Longines, and several other "lesser" brands (e.g. Citizen). The one salesman who has assisted in the sale of my Oris and Nomos wears a Longines Hydroconquest so while he wears a watch that matches one of the brands they sell, it is certainly not the top of the line models. He and I have talked about it and he also intends to upgrade one day.
    Earthjade likes this.

The salesperson at Hour Glass was rocking an AP RO.
    Nokie likes this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 blue, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B

Depends. Some shops require assistants to wear what they sell and to buy it out of their own pocket but are good enough to offer a discount many times.
    JohnnyKarate likes this.

The saleswoman at my AD wears a very nice DJ. Bought with a few of her first paychecks.

LOoOser in the brotherhood

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information