I've been a baaaad boy, and I seem to have a new acquisition.
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I've been a baaaad boy, and I seem to have a new acquisition.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'd taken the morning off for a dental appointment, and decided to spend a few minutes at Abt Electronics in Glenview. Abt is a pretty unusual store; family run from the beginning and very successful in their one and only location. Televisions, home sound & video systems, washers, dryers, refrigerators, cameras, an Apple Store inside their massive mega store, a Sony store, a few high-end kitchen appliance stores, a decorating center just a bit south in their parking lot, and even a European style restaurant and conditorei. And a watch shop called, aptly, Time.

I wandered into Time and noticed that where once were Longines watches, Gucci had taken their place. "Where's Longines?" I asked Brad, the salesman who greeted me when I entered. He told me they were giving up the line and what they had was 40% off. I had been thinking about the Legend Diver, and this may have been one of the main reasons I stopped by. No Legend Diver, but they did have the Master Complication, a watch I'd much admired. Day, Date, Month, Moonphase, beautifully detailed dial, Chrono based on the *7751 and really gorgeous.

*Thanks, VRT, for catching my typo

Attachment 1018524

Brad rounded the price down to a 41% discount, I reached into my back pocket, and out came the card.

Attachment 1018526

I was thrilled to have a watch I'd long admired, and for a really attractive price. I was glad to have given Brad the business. He'd been helpful and a great guy to talk to in the past, but I'd never had the opportunity to actually buy something from him. Brad seemed happy too.

Attachment 1018529

I put the watch on my wrist, and headed home with my new find.

Attachment 1018531

Fortunately my lovely wife is a most understanding woman.

Attachment 1018573
    Last edited by dbakiva; March 23rd, 2013 at 00:26.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Re: I've been a baaaad boy, and I seem to have a new acquisition.

As my girlfriend would say, "You can't turn down a sale, can you?" Congrats on a great pickup.
    Official Rotation

IWC Portuguese 3714-45 \ Rolex Explorer 214270
    \ Omega Speedmaster Professional \ Rolex Submariner 114060 \ Breitling Transocean Chronograph \ Seiko Prospex SBDC051 \ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST \ Rolex Datejust 41 126300 \ Oris Aquis Clipperton \ IWC Aquatimer \ Ball Engineer III Legend \ Sinn 104 \ Seiko SARX055 \ Squale GMT \ Archimede Pilot 39 \ Sinn 556

Follow me on Instagram: mtravis38

Gorgeous pick up! Can't beat a good deal on a great watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on picking up a beautiful watch! And the great price you got is a big bonus.

Congrats! Suits you well.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Haa haa... congratulations, and a great story too.
    dbakiva likes this.

Congratulations, the only acquisition I got during my last dental appointment was two fillings! Lovely Longines, awesome choice!
    dbakiva likes this.
    My Watches: Seiko Orange Monster, Orient cex0r001w, Prometheus Baiji, '84 Seiko 6309-7040, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field Officer's 44mm, Hamilton Pan Europ Silver, Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Blue, WUS Russian Forum Vostok 5/6 Commemorative Amphibia, Sterile 6497 Flieger, 1958 Vostok Kama, Vintage Orient King Diver, Vostok Zissou Ministry, Raven Deep Tech Vintage Blue, Rado Diastar Original Diver Blue, Helson Gauge Steel 5-60 dial
    Preordered- Helberg CH6
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

Congratulations, that's a wonderful watch.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

VRT

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    Day, Date, Month, Moonphase, beautifully detailed dial, Chrono based on the 7051 and really gorgeous.
    Small correction - it's 7751 - and big congratulation on the watch! Very good transaction!
    dbakiva likes this.

Thanks for the supportive comments. I wasn't planning on buying anything today, and I think it may have been a case of channeling my "inner Brylawski."
    drickster and bacari like this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information