I've fallen in love with my Speedmaster
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I've fallen in love with my Speedmaster

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I've fallen in love with my Speedmaster

It's done. I'm head over heels in love with my Speedmaster.

After much back and forth (probably some level of buyer's remorse), I made a pledge to myself to wear it all week and do some bonding. Especially since America just lost the man himself - Neil Armstrong.

I wore this piece this week with a few thoughts in mind:

1) What a phenomenal machine a mechanical watch truly is.
    2) This piece represents a time in America where we had no fear; just a huge sense of adventure.
    3) Great men wore this piece in confidence while walking on essentially another planet (yes, I know it's not a planet).

As a boy, I wanted to be an astronaut. The Apollo program was my inspiration as well as the great men that flew during that time.

I'm a lucky dude to have one of these...it was always one of my grails and now it holds a very special place in my heart.

Dang...never thought a watch would make me this reflective. Thanks for listening to me mumble.
    Formerguide and scooby like this.

Re: I've fallen in love with my Speedmaster

Awesome! I like to see some passion of this hobby of ours, I think your attitude and reflection about your watch is terrific!

Any pics? Which model do you have?

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

Quote Originally Posted by Formerguide View Post
    Awesome! I like to see some passion of this hobby of ours, I think your attitude and reflection about your watch is terrific!

Any pics? Which model do you have?

Dan
    I'll tell ya...I've been into a lot of hobbies. Flying, hiking, firearms, etc. None has made me more passionate than flying and watches. It's uncanny.

I have the 3570.50 with the 1861 movement. It's keeping amazing time and it's just a pleasure to have by my side.

Here's a pic:

Formerguide and Diverfan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I feel the same way every time I strap mine on and look at it. It's a very special watch.

That's funny man. Congrats on your great watch.
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster

Quote Originally Posted by gagnello View Post
    That's funny man. Congrats on your great watch.
    Thank you

Awesome and congrats! Until two days ago, I wouldn't have understood how you are feeling, but having just purchased my first Automatic (Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback), I get it completely. I think I've finally found a way to lose some weight. I can't seem to sit through a meal now, without staring at my watch and while I spent way tooo much $$, the pleasure it's giving me, is well worth it.

So, keep on feeling great and enjoy that beautiful watch!
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Awesome and congrats! Until two days ago, I wouldn't have understood how you are feeling, but having just purchased my first Automatic (Baume and Mercier Capeland Flyback), I get it completely. I think I've finally found a way to lose some weight. I can't seem to sit through a meal now, without staring at my watch and while I spent way tooo much $$, the pleasure it's giving me, is well worth it.

So, keep on feeling great and enjoy that beautiful watch!
    Congrats on your new purchase! Boy, do I know the feeling LOL...enjoy it in good health!

And you do the same. You know what they say......"health is wealth!"
    Wingman2384 likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Have you proposed yet?
    Always good to hear of the enjoyment a watch can bring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information